Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

for all of the new car owners...

Old 10-18-2003, 04:27 PM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default for all of the new car owners...

cosmo found this, and i am posting it here for all of you to see....esp 1badevo. i know your problems, and this is gonna make things interesting!

damn spies.....
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...hlight=dealers

Old 10-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Jerome LeBanner Fan

weavil has disabled reputation

That's why you pull your plates when you race (if you have an big insurance company or a warrantied car). I remember my dad and his friends had similar stories, but w/insurance companies coming to the track and then dropping policies.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:37 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

pulling the plates doesn't do any good... they take down the info when you go through tech so they have it in the computer who ran when... the info is only a call away
Old 10-19-2003, 04:59 AM
Jerome LeBanner Fan

Originally posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
pulling the plates doesn't do any good... they take down the info when you go through tech so they have it in the computer who ran when... the info is only a call away
if you pull the plates unless they walk up to your window and get your VIN # they have no way to identify who was actually running. And the pulling of the plates would occur before you did anything race related (or even entering the entrance gate).
Old 10-19-2003, 12:57 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by weavil
if you pull the plates unless they walk up to your window and get your VIN # they have no way to identify who was actually running. And the pulling of the plates would occur before you did anything race related (or even entering the entrance gate).
i guess it depends where you race.. everywhere i've been i remember them taking your full name, address, car make and model when going through tech. pullingthe plates doesnt do any good because htey aren't actually WATCHING they just call the track and say "when did jonny racer run at your track and what did he drive when doing so"
Old 10-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Jerome LeBanner Fan

Originally posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
i guess it depends where you race.. everywhere i've been i remember them taking your full name, address, car make and model when going through tech. pullingthe plates doesnt do any good because htey aren't actually WATCHING they just call the track and say "when did jonny racer run at your track and what did he drive when doing so"
If that was the case most tracks don't verify anything on the tech card (as far as personal info) so you could just BS it. Half the time I just put "too slow to matter" if they ask anything car related and no one argues.

Another thing though is if they did get someone's name or info how would that matter? Couldn't you just say you had a track car there or something of that nature. In my case they'd have to do more than just say "Justin raced his Neon" since I have more than 1 and not all are insured/street legal.

Sorry if it seems like I'm arguing trivial points, just thought I'd put that out there.