Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Vivid Racing

Old 04-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon
Angry Vivid Racing

Ok so:

On February 13th, I placed an order with Abe Schmidt of Vivid Racing. The order was for a full set of brembo rotors, hawk pads, SS brake lines, and Tien SS coilovers (all of which was for front and rear).

After a week, the front rotors came in.
Week later, the pads and brake lines.

Still waiting on the coilovers and rear rotors.

So of course, I'm still calling maybe twice a week or so trying to figure out what's going on, with several employees -- and noone could give me a straight answer. Finally get back in touch with Abe again the other week, and he assures me that the "order with Tien and Brembo was screwed up, and they're in transit now, but no tracking number yet". Fair enough, it's been a minute, but fuck it.

Call in again yesterday asking for Abe or a Manager. Moment of silence, and neither are available, and Shawn (I believe) was trying to help me out. Nice guy, but he informed me that the order for coilovers and rear rotors was never placed.

What - the - fuck.

Now I insist on speaking with a Manager, and I get Rob on the phone.

I inform him of the situation, and how I've been inconvenienced not only for time, but missing out on track events in the meantime. He apologizes, and offers to either:

A. Sell me a pair of inferior rear rotors (Rotora) at cost, and only oem copies
B. Have me ship the brembos back, and he'll ship me a full set of Rotora, and pay me back the difference -- if any

Hell no, and at this point, I'm furious.

To add insult to injury, he starts talking to me about how "I don't really need rear rotors, the fronts do 70% of the work, while the rears take the rest of the slack".

Irrelevant. I want what I ordered, and I'm not paying extra.

"Well it's not on the invoice, it only sais Brembo Rotors, so I can't do anything else, this is all I can do, unless I can get Abe to confirm --- "

I cut him off. And insist on putting Abe on, and he'll confirm what I said is true, and that I've been calling for the past month wondering what the hell is up with the rotors.

There's a moment of silence (don't think he was expecting for me to say get Abe). He said he'll call me back.

Turns out, they just fired Abe, and he can't get in touch with him to confirm my order. I informed him that despite the fact it's not specified on the invoice (it just shows Brembo Rotors 94+ Rx7), it was confirmed with one of his employees, on several occassions, that my parts were in the mail.

So now I'm fucked. He's giving me a bit more slack, and offered to ship me the Rotora OEM copies for free, or sell me rear cross drilled/slotted at cost. In the process, he's whining that they "don't give away free parts". I don't want free parts, I want the parts I ordered, and confirmed I ordered, otherwise I would have taken my business elsewhere.

So now, I have to make a choice: Settle for an inferior product, or shell out more money.

The whole time, Rob was extremely apologetic, and apparently did the best he could do. But this is still unacceptable for company to conduct business. Had I had better grounds, I would have submitted this to the BBB in a heartbeat, but it's probably a waste of time.

This is just to serve as a warning to others. Fuck vivid.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Registered Member

GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX
Default Re: Vivid Racing

You try calling your credit card company?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:05 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Keep what you got and file a charge back.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Eh, I'd rather just get my parts and be done with it. As oppose to wasted time, and have to shell out even more money in the future.

I'm just furious that I was lied to over the course of the past few weeks.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:25 AM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

vivid is only good to their porsche clients it seems
Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Banned

8speed 8speed 8speed 8speed 8speed

I have heard nothing but bad things about vivid...........sucks man
Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX

You're not getting your parts... Cut your lossses and file a chargeback ASAP... If anything it will light the fire under their asses to send you your parts... You can always get parts somewhere else.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:50 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

That sucks.

Do you have any invoice or any kind of packing slip or anything that has a full list of what you originally ordered? If you can find an invoice saying you paid for the rears then you shouldn't have much problem getting them to send them.

Whenever I order anything I immediately print off my invoice and keep it in my pocket until the order comes, and even until I use whatever I ordered and know for sure it works.

Good luck with getting your parts or money back.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

j's evo has disabled reputation

IVE HEARD NOTHING BUT HORROR STORIES ABOUT VIVID RACING
Old 04-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Bath salt trippin'

Part of the invoice.

Problem is, it doesn't specify the rears. I immedietly noticed that, and confirmed it with Abe over the phone, on several occassions. He assured me "yes, front and rear" each time. That's my mistake for not making him correct the invoice to reflect both front and rear.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing