Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

VIP Garage

Old 08-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sr20kid has disabled reputation
Thumbs down VIP Garage

hey, im not talking crap just letting people know how things went down
-VIP Garage in sterling va-

Ok, so i decided to get a turbo upgrade on my 91 240/ sr20. I decided to go with a top mount 50 trim/ i also decided to get side feed injectors/ radiator/ custom manifold/ piping/ lines, fitting ect with turbo kit. After 3 weeks of paying for the parts , they still havent shown up after being told that they would be here with in the week, now i know how the system works, sometimes stuff aint shipped out or not played by either side, w/e right, well after told most of the parts were in( 4th week now).
i decided to ask to see if i could come and pick up most of the parts to install, what happens, they dont have them available for me to pick up. ok so now there lieing to me about parts not being available, and not there when they said it was. So i decided at the last minute to get a gt3076r turbo instead, my fault for that yes.The owner tells me that he will try his best and exchange it, which he did VERY NICE. So its been like a month and some change now for parts that are instock everywhere/ Koyo/ARP/Precision/ ect.

Since they were gonna do the work i was wondering when i could drop the car off- he finally calls me after 6 weeks of waiting. I drop the car off and he tells me about a week( 3 days to install the parts-2 to weld the parts) OK! very excited yea so i was getting the turbo put on, manifold, lines, hoses, radiator, Z32 MAFS,intake, hot side intercooler, and head studs. So my car is there for a week, i call friday to see whats up, not being annoying and calling everyday. So on friday he says the turbo never came in!!!!!! im pissed but don't take it out on him, next day he says it came in so i came by since it was my day off and wanted to see it, DAY DIDNT HAVE IT AND MY CAR ONLY HAD THE RADIATOR PUT IN, w/e . so its been like 3 in a half weeks more since my car has been there, why, cuz there welder machine stopped working. parts weren't in and they had other cars.

The injectors i got wind up bing crap and i had to get top feed with a new fuel rail!So finally every things in, they install it and everything. they call me the morning i was gonna come pick it up and tell me( we were torquing down your cams and one cracked!) u serious lol_ so no one had stock exhaust cams for sr20 laying around, so i had to dish out money to buy new ones? not so bad but i wasn't planing on doing that right now lol.
[/align]So every things in and done, Im there and it wont start_ there excuse was the 680 injectors were to big and throwing to much fuel, wich sometimes is true. SO i get it toed out of there to my buds at Ptuning, great guys , great friends. Great tuners ( in my eyes atleast) so my car gets there and they start tuning, i was tuning to 19-20 psi, for my high setting and 14-16 for my low untill i get my head built. So they frist tried to get the car running since i told them VIP told me the it was to rich to start, well the problem was my z32 MAFS was wired wrong, how do you get that crap wrong idk so they fix that and get the car started, it sounded like i had an open header, why cuz the manifold was missing 2 screws!. So once thats fixed they do like 2 pulls just to test the stuff out, he turns the car off and i hear dripping, i look under my car THERES OIL ALL OVER THE PLACE when VIP changed my oil, they didn't tighten the oil pan bolt and all my oil went all over the dyno.

So a whole day of they great guys at Ptuning cleaned everything up , my car was back on the dyno, now its leaking coolant from the custom lines VIP made for me, once again, off the dyno. and as it was on the dyno i noticed my exhaust was hitting my diff. and steering rack annnnd the dump tube was hitting my chassis. now thats all fixed, my cars making 342 on 14 psi, i have some kind of clicking noise, rod knock or trans idk , symptoms are to easily together. yet, but besides the noise my car is great thanks to PTUNING IN MANASSAS VA. VIPs work looked great but was crap, oh yea my fuel rail was leaking to lol.Dont get me wrong, the guys there treated me great, and didn't give me any crap what so ever, just happen to be a little messed up situation

Just wanted to share that, all my friends told me this would happen to and they were right, But this is just my experience.

Last edited by sr20kid; 08-31-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:21 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc
Default Re: VIP Garage

I'm not reading this post.

Have you ever heard of paragraphs?
Old 08-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

Let me guess...they're are a forum sponsor so therefor this thread is going to be locked deleted just like all of the AA Motorsports threads huh?

But yea, needs more paragraphs.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Originally Posted by ruger988
Let me guess...they're are a forum sponsor so therefor this thread is going to be locked deleted just like all of the AA Motorsports threads huh?

No, the threads get locked because there is only supposed to be one thread on each vendor. People are too stupid to follow the rules though.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:03 AM
|OoOo|oOoO|

atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays

Originally Posted by ruger988

You miata fucks need to seriously stfu and go stroke each other off somewhere.. LOL.. There I said it. Throw AA Motorsports into every shitstorm on this forum. Go ahead, cause my shops still booming business wise and nothings going to change that anytime soon. Also, the threads are locked because the actual customers aren't making the claims. It's just some fags in the peanut gallery talking like they know everything. Sorry if this may come across as harsh to some the read this but it had to be said. This is only directed to that group of Miata guys. Some are gonna say, this is how I treat my customers, it isn't. Look at all my positive feedback and that should speak for itself. If you Miata guys want to push further, go for it. I love the attention.

Now on to the topic.

Just because a shop has a claim against them for doing 1 thing wrong, that doesn't make them a bad shop. Everyone makes mistakes. You can't judge a shop based on one or two mistakes.

I know the situation on SR20Kid cause I know him personally. I also installed his LSD on his 240 and did an amazing job, but did he go online and post up a good report? No. You know why, cause noone feels obligated to post unless something bad happens. So a shop can do 100 things right, but do one or two wrong and is completely shunned off.

That is just bullshit, for lack of a better way to say it.

What I am saying is in no means to defend Marti and the guys at VIP, because I do believe what happened there was a little uncalled for.

There's also other ways to deal with a dispute with a business. What happened to the days when a customer would walk in and just straight up talk to you, man to man. Try to come to a resolution there and then. I swear the internet, forums, and technology destroyed business in general.

I am no stranger to a customer being unhappy. It happens. No one is perfect and no one can keep everyone happy.

There's many ways to keep a business in check. Local Consumer groups, BBB, etc. Forums is not the way to do it. In the end it looks somewhat childish and the actual vendor decides not to respond because people are so quick to flame without even knowing the details. That's why local consumer groups along with the BBB require a mandatory response and shop owners typically are good to reply.

Marti is a good guy and he's always ready to throw a helping hand. I have called him for time to time to see if he has parts or if he can advise me on certain things.

The OP is a really good kid too, he just got pushed around a lil bit by a shop and didn't really bring it to the shops attention initially to get things right. I know the shop should have had better customer service, but also a customer has to let the shop know his rush and demands.

Marti, I do think that you need to help AJ out with taking care of his knock. It would only be the right thing to do.

In the end, I am probably going to get flamed for this post, and to whose surprise right? LOL. We'll see what happens.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

mah hoe mah hoe

to atif of AA motorsports
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/end-month-hook-up-aa-motorsports-251688/

no response here but you are posting here???? SHADY... why are vendors so upset over reviews, cant take some negative feedback?

to the guy on this thread i hope vip helps you out some. try talking to them first face to face.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:17 AM
|OoOo|oOoO|

atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays

Originally Posted by mah hoe
to atif of AA motorsports
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251688

no response here but you are posting here???? SHADY... why are vendors so upset over reviews, cant take some negative feedback?

to the guy on this thread i hope vip helps you out some. try talking to them first face to face.
Why should I respond there. My customer hasn't raised any concerns. Also no one but my employees and the owner of the car knows whats wrong with that miata. It has nothing to do with the timing. You guys are just blowing smoke. So why respond?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:50 AM
whoah calm down

IslandBoy is a jewel in the roughIslandBoy is a jewel in the roughIslandBoy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by atifsays
You miata fucks need to seriously stfu and go stroke each other off somewhere.. LOL.. There I said it. Throw AA Motorsports into every shitstorm on this forum. Go ahead, cause my shops still booming business wise and nothings going to change that anytime soon. Also, the threads are locked because the actual customers aren't making the claims. It's just some fags in the peanut gallery talking like they know everything. Sorry if this may come across as harsh to some the read this but it had to be said. This is only directed to that group of Miata guys. Some are gonna say, this is how I treat my customers, it isn't. Look at all my positive feedback and that should speak for itself. If you Miata guys want to push further, go for it. I love the attention.

Now on to the topic.

Just because a shop has a claim against them for doing 1 thing wrong, that doesn't make them a bad shop. Everyone makes mistakes. You can't judge a shop based on one or two mistakes.

I know the situation on SR20Kid cause I know him personally. I also installed his LSD on his 240 and did an amazing job, but did he go online and post up a good report? No. You know why, cause noone feels obligated to post unless something bad happens. So a shop can do 100 things right, but do one or two wrong and is completely shunned off.

That is just bullshit, for lack of a better way to say it.

What I am saying is in no means to defend Marti and the guys at VIP, because I do believe what happened there was a little uncalled for.

There's also other ways to deal with a dispute with a business. What happened to the days when a customer would walk in and just straight up talk to you, man to man. Try to come to a resolution there and then. I swear the internet, forums, and technology destroyed business in general.

I am no stranger to a customer being unhappy. It happens. No one is perfect and no one can keep everyone happy.

There's many ways to keep a business in check. Local Consumer groups, BBB, etc. Forums is not the way to do it. In the end it looks somewhat childish and the actual vendor decides not to respond because people are so quick to flame without even knowing the details. That's why local consumer groups along with the BBB require a mandatory response and shop owners typically are good to reply.

Marti is a good guy and he's always ready to throw a helping hand. I have called him for time to time to see if he has parts or if he can advise me on certain things.

The OP is a really good kid too, he just got pushed around a lil bit by a shop and didn't really bring it to the shops attention initially to get things right. I know the shop should have had better customer service, but also a customer has to let the shop know his rush and demands.

Marti, I do think that you need to help AJ out with taking care of his knock. It would only be the right thing to do.

In the end, I am probably going to get flamed for this post, and to whose surprise right? LOL. We'll see what happens.

lot of people like myself dont live close to a shop nor have the time drive to talk face to face. we have problems with our cars so we pay someone else to deal with them while we worry about other stuff.

all these companies advertise on the web and everyone sees it, thats where people find out about these shops. they should expect if they screw a customber over there gonna see it on the web. plain and simple

no one cares if there a "caring" good guy they jsut want the fucking job done clean and done in a timely matter. anyone can advise things or give away some little shit part that some random person needs and for some reason they get praised for it i have yet to see someone post on how amazing thier swap looked or any real big job etc...although i do understand most people dont post thier good stories, i dont understand why. they just reply when soemthign bad happens but then again alot of what I see is just radnom little jobs ar parts they have done or givin away, no engine swaps etc.

. but me personally if i get a swap or any big job done by a shop and they do an awesome job with everythign(clean, fast etc) im gonna make a thread about it.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

Brian_EvoIX will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by atifsays
There's many ways to keep a business in check. Local Consumer groups, BBB, etc.
http://www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?na...mpid=232923547

2 of those are from previously blown up 240s, Marti takes BBB notices and throws them in the trash that won't get you anywhere.

OP, I feel for ya bro.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:44 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

I have no idea on what's up with the AA stuff but keep it in your thread or take it to PM's.

Sorry to hear about your situation OP, I could over look a petty thing or two but not four or five. Hope they take care of everything for ya, and yes I agree you should go in there and bring all this up as opposed to just stating it here as well.

Quick Reply: VIP Garage