VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/vendor-reviews-57/)
-   -   Tidewater Auto Brokers - A Winning Dumass Attitude ! (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/vendor-reviews-57/tidewater-auto-brokers-winning-dumass-attitude-277467/)

euthorus 02-17-2009 09:56 AM

Tidewater Auto Brokers - A Winning Dumass Attitude !

A bit of a long read but skip ahead to awesome section if you'd like.

Went there to look and hopefully buy a 2002 Cadillac Escalade. It was dark green and looked Ok, granted it wasn't clean but nothing glaring jumped out at me. I talked to 2 different salespeople as well as the owner who came off like a complete dickhead. The owner is the guy behind the mirror glass office, the rest of the customer waiting area has several cluttered desks and a wall covered with cheap polaroids of "happy" military customers.

So I did my homework, looked around the area and went to see how flexible on the price they would be 13.9 for a 2002 was close to KBB but above local market and the owner told me flat out he doesn't care if he pleases *difficult* customers blah blah we make customers for life that come and see our car and just melt saying "This is the perfect car for me, thank you Tidewater !" :wtf:

Make long story short we talked with him talking most of the time in a condescending manner. I told him I am not making any offers until I actually have the money in hand. Last weekend I have the money in hand and go there for the final decision with an intention of buying the car. The same morning I hit Autotrader and saw that there were 2 more cars posted that day for A&G - next door to Tidewater Brokers.

I get greeted by the owner at Tidewater we talk, I go to check out my Escalade - its been washed and whole bunch more defects are showing, there are various small scoffs and dings, rubber door seals are in crappy condition and interior is dirty on top of it all the dashboard overlay is from a different car - ie. doesn't line up with audio/vents etc. I ask the salesperson if that is going to be fixed and will it be detailed and he goes - yeah most likely but we already detailed it. I am not feeling comfortable with the car at this point and really starting to wonder why it has been sitting on the lot for the past 6 months.

***AWESOME***
Having test driven 2-3 escalades I am still trying to get a good reference point of what they should feel like so I decide to walk 30 feet next door where there is a red escalade same year is sitting. I talk to their salesperson and hop in for a test drive. thats when I see the owner of Tidewater Auto Brokers zooming beside me in one of his cars and yelling something out of the window, I roll it down and he goes - "We are towing your damn car !" I'm like what the hell ? Why ? He goes - " For being an asshole, we are towing it right now !!!" So I get out of the car where it was and run over to my car get in and see the same dipshit blocking my way behind me. I wait for him to move and he finally does so I drive 50 feet around to A&G and go back to Tidewater - going WTF ??! Some guy I never met tells me the owner doesnt want my business - and follows me out of the door.

Well, I went over to A&G and told them what happened and they are like - Uh oh, what has the dumbass done this time ? I tell them and find out that he has done that to several people - actually taking their personal cars and towing them to the back of his lot under lockup then demanding money to release his former customer's vehicles.

Right before this I overhear the owner talking to his salesperson about some young marine with his parents trying to buy a car, they are sitting at the front of the waiting room. The owner tells the sales guy - he doesnt have the money and I dont want to finance him so just tell him to leave. They sure do pride themselves on their Military Financing *Specials*.

Military or not - do yourself a favour and shop elsewhere.

Cliff notes: went to buy a POS SUV, got cussed out and almost got my own car towed.

00civichatch 02-17-2009 10:08 AM

Re: Tidewater Auto Brokers - A Winning Dumass Attitude !

Dont be a squid. You dont need an escalade anyways.

blackFa5 02-17-2009 10:12 AM

would have all been avoided if you were looking for a better car.

vmspionage 02-17-2009 10:16 AM

Wow that's pretty shitty. I bought a car from A&G in VA Beach a long time ago (Volvo S60 T5) and had a good experience.

Jay 02-17-2009 10:43 AM

Wavy10 would be all over this.

http://www.wavytv10.com/mailforms/TOYShelp/TOYShelp.htm

euthorus 02-17-2009 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 4997933)

I doubt they would care. Now if they were able to find someone who's car was actually impounded in the back lot thats a different story.

HONDA VTEC MAN 02-18-2009 04:17 AM

hey man i had the same problem with them when i went over to them to buy a car waited for hours to be talked to them they played games with me on what car i told them i wanted to get so yeah long story short dont ever deal with this dealership lol and wavy ten is a great idea i have to contact them with auto source on va beach blvd. and they did investigation and they got my money back and they found out that he did the same to other people and he is owing every one money thanks to wavy news 10

klownh8er 02-18-2009 04:25 AM

WOO! That's why carmax is more expensive... but a better experiance :P

HONDA VTEC MAN 02-18-2009 04:37 AM

yeah i can agree on that lol carmax is expensive but is a better experience

Jay 02-18-2009 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by HONDA VTEC MAN (Post 5000401)
hey man i had the same problem with them when i went over to them to buy a car waited for hours to be talked to them they played games with me on what car i told them i wanted to get so yeah long story short dont ever deal with this dealership lol and wavy ten is a great idea i have to contact them with auto source on va beach blvd. and they did investigation and they got my money back and they found out that he did the same to other people and he is owing every one money thanks to wavy news 10

Did you just have a seizure?