Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Thumbs up for Kyle and RPM!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN
Default Thumbs up for Kyle and RPM!!!

So RPM definitely has a lot of haters and I have heard nothing but bad things about them on here. BUTTTTTTT, I beg to differ from my first experience. My cousin has always gotten his cars tinted there and I knew they would be the ones to tint my next car. Well time came, I got my new car, and wanted to get it tinted. Call Kyle and he says that he is extremely busy and he was backed up a couple of days. Then I told him that I had plans later in the week and wouldn't be able to get it done for a couple of weeks. This was at 1pm on Monday. He tells me to get the car to him and that if he had to he would stay late to finish it. Needless to say I didn't get the car delivered to him until 4pm! He still takes the car. Calls me up, asks what I want, blah blah blah. Had a good conversation with him and his customer service was great! Needless to say, I picked the car up at 9pm!!! He stayed there super late to finish the car and the results were amazing. Yes I know, it's just tint, but I have seen some awful jobs and I am SUPER picky. I figured staying late to do it, it would have been a little of a "off" job. Not at all. The tint covered every piece of the windows. No daylight coming through at any of the corners or edges. It shows that no matter what the situation, the guy takes great pride in what he does. Aside from the finished product, the service was great. He actually talked for a little bit and never even showed any signs of being annoyed by staying late. Still took time to talk to me and answer all the questions I had for him. It was an overall A+ experience and I think I may be the first to say, I highly recommend them, especially for tint! Kyle if you see this, thanks again and I will be sending plenty of people your way! Good luck in future business!

Few pics:

Old 10-23-2010, 12:57 PM
MOAR REP PLZ

Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX
Default Re: Thumbs up for Kyle and RPM!!!

I will also vouch for Kyle at RPM since I was the one that brought the car for Mick and got to see the finished product. RPM is definitely getting my business on tint in the future.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Why so serious?

Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey

I have known Kyle since 97'. In that time period we have had our differences. However, we have always traded work and recommended one anothers businesses. He is actually doing quite well and just opened a Mobil 1 lube center just down the street from RPM. I would say he has mellowed a bit since the passing of Mike. Kyle is a worker, he doesn't just run shit.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Registered member

Acrytet70 has disabled reputation

Its not the quality of work, its the price! We use the same film and also give a lifetime guarantee, and have been tinting for over 15 years! But we dont feel like we have to beat everyone that walks through our doors over the head!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:34 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

kyle tinted one of my cars a long time ago, almost 10yrs ago, was very happy with it and the service.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:32 AM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

Originally Posted by Acrytet70
Its not the quality of work, its the price! We use the same film and also give a lifetime guarantee, and have been tinting for over 15 years! But we dont feel like we have to beat everyone that walks through our doors over the head!
I didn't feel like I was being beat over the head. I actually was glad to spend the money before I had even gone, and even more once I saw the work. Nothing against you, but you may have been tinting for over 15 years, but you haven't been in business but so long.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:48 PM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Kyle is great IMO when he's not on the forums talking back to people like he's a 12 year old.

In the 2-3 times I used them they did great work, but the other people that work there suck. Every time I dropped my car off I asked to be called when it was ready, every time I'd call them right before getting off of work and they'd say "oh yeah, it's done, we finished it a while ago". And the one time I had a problem, Kyle was VERY serious about helping to get it fixed. The other people that work there have also blown me off in the past when I said I was "just looking", and I've had to stand around for 15-20 minutes to get rung up after getting work done, both employees didn't look like they were really doing anything either.

I also wasn't very happy about them slapping an "RPM" sticker on my car. I know they do this to EVERY car that comes in, but IMO you shouldn't alter a customer's vehicle at all unless they agree to it first.

If Kyle could fill his shop with people that are as dedicated and helpful as he is RPM would be a lot better place. But he still needs to act more mature when he comes online considering he's representing his company. I will never take an owner of a business serious when they are advertising shit like "all that chrome will get you dome, nah mean?" and dumb shit like that I do notice he hasn't been online in the last few months though, maybe he realized that.

Last edited by STi_FTMFW; 10-26-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
K

If Kyle could fill his shop with people that are as dedicated and helpful as he is RPM would be a lot better place. But he still needs to act more mature when he comes online considering he's representing his company. I will never take an owner of a business serious when they are advertising shit like "all that chrome will get you dome, nah mean?" and dumb shit like that
+ rep. The price and above statements are dead-nuts for this place as far as I'm concerned. I remember walking in right after they moved from the old store with $1,000 cash ready to dump on audio and I couldn't get anyone to help. I even asked the guy at the counter and he said he'd be with me in a sec, then proceeded to chat with a buddy at the counter about something that happened over the weekend. I walked out and never returned. Hopefully he has straightened out issues with employee's and the fact that he can't pass off eGay products as quality, which he did on the regular.

STi-FTMFW: Where the hell you been? havn't seen you around the east end in a while, you were like the ONE and ONLY person I'd ever spot over this way.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:19 AM

I will agree that he needs co-workers that are more dedicated and care more about his place of business then just "looking cool" behind his counter. This I why I did, and will continue to deal directly with Kyle. Once again, I will still recommend people his way, I was a satisfied customer
Old 10-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Registered member

Acrytet70 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MICK LVN
I didn't feel like I was being beat over the head. I actually was glad to spend the money before I had even gone, and even more once I saw the work. Nothing against you, but you may have been tinting for over 15 years, but you haven't been in business but so long.
Fair enough, we are a new, but up and coming shop. I am trying to build a relationship between quality work and fair prices! Which is not easily found at most local shops. Like I said before, he does good work, not bashing.

Quick Reply: Thumbs up for Kyle and RPM!!!