Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Shepherd's Auto Supply

Old 12-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Thumbs up Shepherd's Auto Supply

I was referred to them today to get my flywheel resurfaced... Did an awesome job... New dial pins and threw in a new bearing at no extra cost... Total price for the resurface was 30 bux if I remember correctly...

Shepherd's Auto Supply
1001 Williamson Rd SE
Roanoke, VA 24013
540-344-6271

Old 12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Shepherd's Auto Supply

The machine shop is decent, Dave does a good job on standard stuff (valve work on iron heads, resurfacing, honing and boring, etc) but dont expect much for custom work or oddball stuff.

IF its a small block chevy, they are great to go to. I started doing my machine work in house a few years back because of way too many comebacks on the machine work side (not pressure checking like I asked, having valve spring issues, seals not replaced, guides installed incorrectly, etc)

But for general work they are good, and have a quick turn around.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Dogs

BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
I was referred to them today to get my flywheel resurfaced... Did an awesome job... New dial pins and threw in a new bearing at no extra cost... Total price for the resurface was 30 bux if I remember correctly...

Shepherd's Auto Supply
1001 Williamson Rd SE
Roanoke, VA 24013
540-344-6271

Sound like a good shop. You have the good huh? short term memory loss?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
The machine shop is decent, Dave does a good job on standard stuff (valve work on iron heads, resurfacing, honing and boring, etc) but dont expect much for custom work or oddball stuff.

IF its a small block chevy, they are great to go to. I started doing my machine work in house a few years back because of way too many comebacks on the machine work side (not pressure checking like I asked, having valve spring issues, seals not replaced, guides installed incorrectly, etc)

But for general work they are good, and have a quick turn around.
I like both Dave and Richard, they're very nice and have always done an excellent job for me. Especially when I've needed the parts back ASAP. I've personally never had any headwork issuses with them, but i'm sure thats a possibility. For the first couple of years, and occasionally still I deal mostly with them in Small blocks, you know as well as I do how simple they are to machine though so no problems there. They've also done a great job on all of the honda stuff i've taken in there as well. For a while I was able to do my own machine work when I worked on an ADRL Prostock car from the lake. However, me and the guy had a falling out due to money owed and he will no longer return my calls...douche bag.