Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

(Richmond,VA) Momentum Autoworks - Be warned.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr
Default (Richmond,VA) Momentum Autoworks - Be warned.

I took my car down to this shop to have them do some work on making me a downpipe and dumptube and prepare the car to be tuned by Matt Shue. The downpipe dump tube took a while to make and get all the leaks fixed, but it finally got tuned. Put down a lot of power, but the day after when it was being street tuned it dropped a valve and grenade the motor. Instead of bringing it back to NOVA area where I live the shop told me they could do a full build. Long story short, after numerous back and forth, the owner assured on many occasion that the car would be ready by x date. After a year of bogus answers and this and that being in the machine shop as well as giving me personal excuses of why he hadn't finished he stopped responding to emails, calls, texts, or anything else. I also had sent him a head to be built because my head was gone. He told me he send my spare head to the machine shop in June or July of last year. I told him multiple times if you can't do it let me know I will take it somewhere else.

Fast forward to this past weekend I drove down there for the final time and demanded I pick up my car. I gave him $2300 as a deposit for the work. I got the car back with the engine in pieces, interior in pieces, turn in pieces and things broken, the motor missing pieces.

He told me the block along with all the parts were at his house and he kept blowing me off saying he had it wrapped and was going to take pictures for me. The block was never sleeved. The spare head was sitting at the machine shop and other than taking the motor into a million pieces he did not do a single thing.

He built his own race car during the time my car was there.

I am in the process of going through all my stuff and trying to get my parts back. Its been a nightmare. I wish I never took it there and I wish he never touched it. Horrible shop, shady owner, and crooks. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

The shop moved from Ashland to Richmond. Once he has your money he ducks you and disappears.

The car being worked on was a Turbo S2000 BTW. Hope this helps people out there.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:30 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: (Richmond,VA) Momentum Autoworks - Be warned.

Originally Posted by Liquidgsr
I took my car down to this shop to have them do some work on making me a downpipe and dumptube and prepare the car to be tuned by Matt Shue. The downpipe dump tube took a while to make and get all the leaks fixed, but it finally got tuned. Put down a lot of power, but the day after when it was being street tuned it dropped a valve and grenade the motor. Instead of bringing it back to NOVA area where I live the shop told me they could do a full build. Long story short, after numerous back and forth, the owner assured on many occasion that the car would be ready by x date. After a year of bogus answers and this and that being in the machine shop as well as giving me personal excuses of why he hadn't finished he stopped responding to emails, calls, texts, or anything else. I also had sent him a head to be built because my head was gone. He told me he send my spare head to the machine shop in June or July of last year. I told him multiple times if you can't do it let me know I will take it somewhere else.

Fast forward to this past weekend I drove down there for the final time and demanded I pick up my car. I gave him $2300 as a deposit for the work. I got the car back with the engine in pieces, interior in pieces, turn in pieces and things broken, the motor missing pieces.

He told me the block along with all the parts were at his house and he kept blowing me off saying he had it wrapped and was going to take pictures for me. The block was never sleeved. The spare head was sitting at the machine shop and other than taking the motor into a million pieces he did not do a single thing.

He built his own race car during the time my car was there.

I am in the process of going through all my stuff and trying to get my parts back. Its been a nightmare. I wish I never took it there and I wish he never touched it. Horrible shop, shady owner, and crooks. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

The shop moved from Ashland to Richmond. Once he has your money he ducks you and disappears.

The car being worked on was a Turbo S2000 BTW. Hope this helps people out there.
That sucks, heard they got some guy for over 11k.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Sounds shitty with your version of the story. Do you have a contract or a work order on what work was to be done? So you couldn't get your car back until you gave a deposit of $2300??? That sounds odd. Especially if no real work was done other then him stripping the car down.

To me, engine work involves working on the engine, not tearing out the interior, etc. Something doesn't add up right.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:53 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Wait, was it the blue ap2 with a mugen top? If so holy fuck

I've known Carlos for years so it's kind of hard to imagine something like that happening but sadly this isn't the first thread like this
Old 06-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr Liquidgsr

Lemme clear things up. He did work before the motor blew. He installed a Aem standalone, adjust stuff with the dual hanger fuel pump. He never put anything back as far as the trunk and interior. He took the center console apart I guess to take out the trans. I had to put the 2300 down last year for him to start working on the car. After he dismantled the engine he stopped working on it it seems and that's where the lies started. And yes it's the Laguna blue with hard top and work wheels.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

I paid him previously for all that work. The motor work was separate and yes I have invoices and emails from
Him as his wife lying and charging me for parts he never ordered as well
Work he never performed. Sorry if something is misspelled I'm using my phone.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:14 PM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

Sorry to hear about this kind of shit man...but the honda community is full of examples like this.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:48 PM
Registered member

mikejones002100 has disabled reputation

Billy Calloway took his EK there and got his car overhauled also.. His car ended up getting done but had countless problems when it left.. trans mount broke , bolts for the driver side mount stripped in the block and pulled out, car was suppose to leave with 400+whp and left with 260whp saying that the car has a "fuel issue" so the tune wasnt completed.. It seems like they just keep dropping the ball on people but people still continue to go there smh.. BTW Billy paid around $10-11k so thats probably the person that they got for $11k.. Sad that stuff like this can continue to happen and by actual business owners at that, not even a jack leg back yard mechanic SMH..
Old 06-21-2014, 04:44 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

Originally Posted by mikejones002100
Billy Calloway took his EK there and got his car overhauled also.. His car ended up getting done but had countless problems when it left.. trans mount broke , bolts for the driver side mount stripped in the block and pulled out, car was suppose to leave with 400+whp and left with 260whp saying that the car has a "fuel issue" so the tune wasnt completed.. It seems like they just keep dropping the ball on people but people still continue to go there smh.. BTW Billy paid around $10-11k so thats probably the person that they got for $11k.. Sad that stuff like this can continue to happen and by actual business owners at that, not even a jack leg back yard mechanic SMH..
Then pray tell why are you advertising for them in your sig?
Old 06-21-2014, 05:35 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

I've bought stuff from Carlos in the past and never had a problem... Only issue i ever had was when Ricky BS'sd me on some parts he thought they had or had but weren't for sale but from what i was told after he never really worked there so