Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Mike Duman Dealership in Suffolk, Va.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aveger has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mike Duman Dealership in Suffolk, Va.

LOL
Old 12-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

You, as a consumer, then purchase the used car from the ACME dealer for $25,000
You then find out that there is a "buyback" listed on the VIN number which now makes it worth 1/4 of the price.

How pissed would you be?????
How aggravated would you be?????
How used would you feel????
How Ripped off would you feel????

When a dealer purchases a car or cars from an auction and any of them are buybacks, they are informed of this as the vehicle as it is rolled out to be auctioned off.

He KNEW FULL WELL THIS WAS A BUYBACK!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:45 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by aveger
You then find out that there is a "buyback" listed on the VIN number which now makes it worth 1/4 of the price.

When a dealer purchases a car or cars from an auction and any of them are buybacks, they are informed of this as the vehicle as it is rolled out to be auctioned off.

I would be pissed, but at myself most likely. Again, I will tell you for A FACT that when a vehicle is purchased at an auction, there is a likely chance the purchaser will never know why that car is there, or what the circumstances are around the car. The auction is not liable because they are providing a service, the purchaser is buying what they assume to be what they are looking at (a good used vehicle), and if anyone is liable, its the seller of the vehicle to begin with for not disclosing the fact it was a buyback car. That could be the finance company, the original selling dealer, or a wholesaler. I have bought cars before that were sold with a clean title, only to find out a week or so later when the title comes in that there is a lien or its branded. In that case, we went through arbitration and got the matter fixed. Of course, it usually happens on a good selling car that is literally already sold before the title comes.

Yes i did.. they presented it to me.. but they did not present me as many pages that i just printed out.
They knew it was a buy back. The sales Person admitted it and also stated (just recently) he forgot to have me sign the form.
IF this is the case, the dealer will have on record with their title dept. the fact it was a lemon buy back, and if they are smart they will do what is needed to resolve the problem amicably. However, one thing you are likely forgetting is the fact that if a salesman's lips are moving, they are bullshitting or lying. ANYTHING verbally stated is not considered hard evidence, as you are likely aware of. IF there is documentation of the vehicle in question being a buy back, it WILL be with the dealerships title or back office dept.

They are required to maintain their records for 2 years by law for this reason.

I am not looking for something free.. I do not want to buy from there again. they broke the law. They knew the car was a buyback. He also charged me a used car price for a car that was used and was labeled BUYBACK. If he told me i still may have purchased it, but for not as much as i did.. Knowing full well i would not be able to get a decent trade in value when i did decide to trade it in.

Consumer Protection Act Violation
Title 59.1 of the Virginia Code, Chapter 17, Sections 196-207

"Promote fair and ethical standards for transactions between businesses and consumers. The law applies to the sale or lease of goods or services used for personal, family or household purposes. Businesses are prohibited from using deceit, misrepresentations or fraudulent acts and practices."

Virginia Lemon Law
Virginia Code, § 59.1-207.9 to 207.16:1

1-207.16:1 Disclosure of returned vehicles; penalty.

"b. It shall be the responsibility of the dealer that receives this disclosure to give notice of its contents to any prospective purchaser or lessee prior to sale or lease, and to transfer the disclosure, or a copy thereof, to the next purchaser or lessee. A dealer's responsibility under this section shall cease upon the sale or lease of the affected motor vehicle to the first purchaser or lessee not for resale or lease."
You can quote laws all you want, but unless you can prove that the vehicle was a buyback, and the notification was there at the dealer when it was sold, there is no case. I will tell you this, from personal and professional experience, that VIN reporting is not always accurate and it can take months to show up. If the vehicle was a low mileage one sold as used, what is usually considered a "program" or "low mileage trade" then the selling dealer is very likely to not know all the details about the vehicle when they purchase it. They run their checks, stick it on the lot, sell it to a customer, and make a profit. Which is how business works. Otherwise its a charity, and quite frankly, those do not stay around long.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

The Du-Man, can.

Deal with it.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
I will tell you this, from personal and professional experience, that VIN reporting is not always accurate and it can take months to show up.
Branded on: 1/16/08
I purchased on: 6/23/08

The car fax is showing it sat there for almost 6 months! I would think that would be long enough.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

SlammedScort has disabled reputation

What another waste of a thread. Who gives a shit? You're the idiot for shopping there.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:25 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

OP......plain and simple. Lawyer up.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Virginia Lemon Law

A. If a motor vehicle that is returned to the manufacturer or distributor either under this chapter or by judgment, decree, or arbitration award in this or any other state and is then transferred by a manufacturer or distributor to a dealer, licensed under Chapter 15 (46.2-1500 et seq.) of Title 46.2, in Virginia, the manufacturer or distributor shall disclose this information to the Virginia dealer.

B. If the returned vehicle is then made available for resale or for another lease, the manufacturer shall, prior to sale or lease, disclose in writing in a clear and conspicuous manner, on a separate piece of paper in ten-point capital type, to the Virginia dealer that this motor vehicle was returned to the manufacturer, distributor or factory branch, the nature of the defect which resulted in the return, and the condition of the motor vehicle at the time of transfer to the Virginia dealer. It shall be the responsibility of the dealer that receives this disclosure to give notice of its contents to any prospective purchaser or lessee prior to sale or lease, and to transfer the disclosure, or a copy thereof, to the next purchaser or lessee. A dealer's responsibility under this section shall cease upon the sale or lease of the affected motor vehicle to the first purchaser or lessee not for resale or lease.

C. Any manufacturer or distributor who violates this section of the Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor.

"Promote fair and ethical standards for transactions between businesses and consumers. The law applies to the sale or lease of goods or services used for personal, family or household purposes. Businesses are prohibited from using deceit, misrepresentations or fraudulent acts and practices."

Virginia Lemon Law

"b. It shall be the responsibility of the dealer that receives this disclosure to give notice of its contents to any prospective purchaser or lessee prior to sale or lease, and to transfer the disclosure, or a copy thereof, to the next purchaser or lessee. A dealer's responsibility under this section shall cease upon the sale or lease of the affected motor vehicle to the first purchaser or lessee not for resale or lease."
If you know so much about the fucking law why are you on here bitching about it and not filing suit already?

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 12-02-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:25 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by jebsurf
If you know so much about the fucking law why are you on here bitching about it and not filing suit already?

Ahem.

Cause he's too busy posting it on the internet, cause thats how you resolve a dispute in a professional manner. Thats how they teach it at American International University, at least the business administration side of the school teaches that.

Case in point:

Spends several hours making a wordpress blog http://mikedumaninsuffolk.blogspot.com/ that is the info he posted on this site.

He makes posts on the dealers Facebook fan page, even going so far as to having one of his few friends post on their wall also.
http://www.facebook.com/MikeDumanAutoSales?v=wall

Then he spends hours researching and copying specific codes of VA, instead of just hiring a lawyer. IF there was a solid case, most lawyers would jump at this suit, with little to no retainer required.

I will stop there, but I am sure if someone wants to be a dick they can do some simple Facestalking to REALLY make fun of this dude
Old 12-02-2010, 08:35 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

so breh has a blog and has no photo's on it? no dreams of being VADRIVEN professional photographer? pizza hut by day, awesome cool blogger, photographer know it all by night? this can't be life, breh has to be from another galaxy.

only solution here is to go on a killing rampage, shot and kill everyone. and burn the place down.. trees, poles, squids and police k-9's are the real fucking victims in this world. shoulda got the lube ready even walking on a dealers lot breh, new/used car salesmen give me the creeps, massive homo, jail rapist vibe.

Quick Reply: Mike Duman Dealership in Suffolk, Va.