Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

J-Spec Auto - Horrible Experience

Old 04-02-2012, 10:20 AM
MOAR REP PLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these parts
Default J-Spec Auto - Horrible Experience

close...

Last edited by ill3st; 04-02-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: J-Spec Auto - Horrible Experience

F/S Troll has bad experience.

Heartbreaking
Old 04-02-2012, 10:40 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Originally Posted by ill3st
J-Spec Auto 11108 Air Park Rd Ashland, VA 23005

I purchased a JDM b20 (43,xxx Miles) from J-Spec Auto in Ashland, Va. I was told that all of their motors are compression tested by the manager (Chris, do not know his last name) Chris is the one who helped me through the process and also another employee, I bought the b20 knowing that the distributor, A/C bracket and other misc. things would not be coming with it. A buddy of myne went to pick the motor up for me later that day as I told J-Spec he would be doing. He arrived and the motor still had not been touched so they asked him to remove the misc. items. Chris had already asked his employee to remove the items, but he seemed as if he did not want to. When told to do it, he looked at me and said "there are plenty of other b20 motors without the accesories" he then proceeded to look at me with no motivation to remove the items. Chris told me he did not know what was wrong with the guy and that he would take care of it. Well, after the misc. items were taken off by my friend, the motor was taken to Momentum AutoWorks (owned by Carlos Salmeron) which is right down the street from J-Spec. Carlos put the motor in for me and also did a lot of extra things that he did not charge me for to clean up my engine bay and check over things. Let me just say that this Review is NOT intended for Momentum AutoWorks, Carlos is a great guy that does great work. He put the b20 in and it would not start so he did a compression test and the motor had no compression at all except for one cylinder that the needle moved very slowly. So Carlos's job is now done but my car still does not run to due the b20 being bad.

I called J-Spec Auto multiple times trying to get in touch with Chris (the manager) and was put on hold and even hungup on once. I finally talked to Chris and let me just say that he was very rude and showed very little concern that the b20 had no compression. He refused to tell me the Owner of J-Spec's name, and laughed at the situation. His customer service was very very VERY poor. I do no reccomend that you deal with J-Spec auto. I'm also not saying all of their motors are bad, all I am saying is if you have a problem, you will be treated with no respect and there customer service is horrible. Sure, Chris said that they would give me another b20 but what about the labor? So because of their lack to compression check the b20, I am stuck paying DOUBLE the price for Carlos to pull the bad b20 out and put another one in. I asked Chris if he would be willing to help cover the install but as per their website they do not, which I did not know and was never told about there policy, nor is it posted anywhere in their shop. He said things such as "are you kidding?" "its not my problem" and other rude things while laughing. He then told me, oh well wait not all of our b20s are compression tested but wait.... on there website it says "why buy from J-Spec Auto?" and they answer their own question"BECAUSE ALL OF OUR MOTORS ARE COMPRESSION TESTED".... I guess this message was just to inform people of my situation and maybe other people have shared the same problem as myne with them.

Theres much more I would like to say but I am not going to completely bad mouth them even though I probably should but I feel like I got out the most important pieces of my story. Thanks for reading!! and I hope no one else has a bad experience such as this!!!

Let me know what you think of the situation and/or your run ins with J-Spec which I know some of them may be good...
If your buddy went, how are they looking at you?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Did you ask them if they did a compression test on that engine? If not it's kinda your fault. Never take something written on the internet serious.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM
MOAR REP PLZ

ill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these partsill3st is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
If your buddy went, how are they looking at you?
Sorry, I should have reformated that, That discussion about him looking at me was when I was there earlier in the day before my buddy had come to pick the motor up.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by ill3st
J-Spec Auto 11108 Air Park Rd Ashland, VA 23005

I purchased a JDM b20 (43,xxx Miles) from J-Spec Auto in Ashland, Va. I was told that all of their motors are compression tested by the manager (Chris, do not know his last name) Chris is the one who helped me through the process and also another employee, I bought the b20 knowing that the distributor, A/C bracket and other misc. things would not be coming with it. A buddy of myne went to pick the motor up for me later that day as I told J-Spec he would be doing. He arrived and the motor still had not been touched so they asked him to remove the misc. items. Chris had already asked his employee to remove the items earlier in the day when I was there, but he seemed as if he did not want to. When told to do it, he looked at me and said "there are plenty of other b20 motors without the accesories" he then proceeded to look at me with no motivation to remove the items. Chris told me he did not know what was wrong with the guy and that he would take care of it. Well, after the misc. items were taken off by my friend, the motor was taken to Momentum AutoWorks (owned by Carlos Salmeron) which is right down the street from J-Spec. Carlos put the motor in for me and also did a lot of extra things that he did not charge me for to clean up my engine bay and check over things. Let me just say that this Review is NOT intended for Momentum AutoWorks, Carlos is a great guy that does great work. He put the b20 in and it would not start so he did a compression test and the motor had no compression at all except for one cylinder that the needle moved very slowly. So Carlos's job is now done but my car still does not run to due the b20 being bad.

I called J-Spec Auto multiple times trying to get in touch with Chris (the manager) and was put on hold and even hungup on once. I finally talked to Chris and let me just say that he was very rude and showed very little concern that the b20 had no compression. He refused to tell me the Owner of J-Spec's name, and laughed at the situation. His customer service was very very VERY poor. I do no reccomend that you deal with J-Spec auto. I'm also not saying all of their motors are bad, all I am saying is if you have a problem, you will be treated with no respect and there customer service is horrible. Sure, Chris said that they would give me another b20 but what about the labor? So because of their lack to compression check the b20, I am stuck paying DOUBLE the price for Carlos to pull the bad b20 out and put another one in. I asked Chris if he would be willing to help cover the install but as per their website they do not, which I did not know and was never told about there policy, nor is it posted anywhere in their shop. He said things such as "are you kidding?" "its not my problem" and other rude things while laughing. He then told me, oh well wait not all of our b20s are compression tested but wait.... on there website it says "why buy from J-Spec Auto?" and they answer their own question"BECAUSE ALL OF OUR MOTORS ARE COMPRESSION TESTED".... I guess this message was just to inform people of my situation and maybe other people have shared the same problem as myne with them.

Theres much more I would like to say but I am not going to completely bad mouth them even though I probably should but I feel like I got out the most important pieces of my story. Thanks for reading!! and I hope no one else has a bad experience such as this!!!

Let me know what you think of the situation and/or your run ins with J-Spec which I know some of them may be good...

Also, I'm sure I will get a lot of negative feedback because I know that a lot of people don't care but oh well, I just wanted to make everyone aware.
Some men...
Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by ufctapout
Some men...
Old 04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

baynedo has disabled reputation

Just go to JEI. Its funny you were looking out for others with this post and they want to be assholes.
O
Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by baynedo
Just go to JEI. Its funny you were looking out for others with this post and they want to be assholes.
O
No ones being an ass hole. Just stating the obvious.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:58 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Originally Posted by baynedo
O
STFU you goddamn dildo.

Maybe if some of you fucking F/S trolls would come out of the fucking FS forums once in a while you'd figure out the search button and could look for shit before you do something stupid.

Quick Reply: J-Spec Auto - Horrible Experience