Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

[757] Source Hydrographics (hydrographics printing)

Old 04-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up [757] Source Hydrographics (hydrographics printing)

Source Hydrographics

908 Executive Ct Ste 102

Chesapeake, VA 23320

(757)847-9337

http://www.sourcehydro.com

sourcehydro@cox.net

I just got my engine bay done in burl wood with hydrographics to match the interior on my GS. For those who are not familiar with hydrographics aka water transfer printing, it is a process of applying custom coatings/finishes to any metal, plastic, or wood object. It is very popular with guns. Camouflage rifles are done with hydrographics. There are thousands of patterns to choose from. The most popular are camouflage, carbon fiber, and wood grain. Here is a YouTube video to show how it is done:

These guys are the only company doing this around here as far as I know. They did a complete engine package for me that looks just like wood! Top notch work and the turnaround time wassuper quick. I have seen some of their carbon fiber work as well. Looks amazing! They have a ton of patterns in stock and can special order whatever you want.

Check them out and let them know Joe Dizon sent you for the best price. Your best bet is to call and leave a message or email them to set up an appointment. Here are few pics I took while at the shop (check out their website for more picsand patterns) and my engine bay:

Old 04-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

buschlight has disabled reputation
Default Re: [757] Source Hydrographics (hydrographics printing)

good stuff!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered member

pacotaco has disabled reputation

how much do they usually charge?
Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

The guys who own this place are two of the pickiest people in the world, and they have had some of the sickest cars in the area. They are defintiely people that you want doing things to your parts, Im certain they will be perfect. Im sure ill have some things done in the future.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

Ultra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pacotaco
how much do they usually charge?
prices vary based on the part being dipped and complexity.

Valve covers start around 150

engine covers start around 200

small stuff starts around 35

To get a more exact price give them a call or email.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
The guys who own this place are two of the pickiest people in the world.
Truth! Lol that's why I did my stuff with them. Plus you don't have to worry about shipping stuff and return shipping. Quick turn around.

Last edited by Ultra Rover; 04-22-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Yep, they are perfectionists. Have known these guys for years and are great people. Weve done all over paintjobs for both of them and perfection is what they are all about. Its good to see them in business. Ive talked to one of the owners and Im quite excited to get some parts over to them and see the process. I will no doubt expect perfection and Im sure I will get it. These guys are going to do really well with how many clean cars they have produced, and how many clean cars are around our area, people will flock to them once the word is spread. I will certainly be helping to advertise them.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered member

pacotaco has disabled reputation

ouch thats a little pricy :/
Old 04-25-2011, 04:28 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

you must be really cheap, or not experienced with getting parts customized.

Those prices are no different than getting the same parts painted, except of course getting something to look like that in paint would cost you 5 times as much.. those are good prices for something that can be one of a kind and completely customized to what you want.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

Lol I wasn't gonna say anything but that's my thoughts exactly.

To clean, prep, dip in a custom pattern and clear coat a valve cover for $150 is way cheap.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 AM

DC5R is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent work!

Quick Reply: [757] Source Hydrographics (hydrographics printing)