Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Who's going to the Evolution Phase I?

Old 07-25-2003, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JRSCdSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who's going to the Evolution Phase I?

I decided to sign up and go to the Evolution driving school on the 23rd of August. I'll be attending the Phase I school. Anyone here going? I figure $200 worth of professional instruction for a day will make me quicker than one R-compound tire (~$200).

Greg has told me that the instructors will be Sam Strano & Jinx Jordan and/or Dean Sapp & Rob Falkner along with Tim Aro. Can't lose there! There's twelve students signed up as of now... anyone here? Should be a great day! [on knees praying to God himself for good weather]
Old 07-26-2003, 08:57 AM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a really good school... I did Phase I and Phase II in march.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:16 AM

Passing on Phase III I guess?
Old 07-27-2003, 01:52 PM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah... Mainly for financial restraints. I "bought" some new mods (they are still MIA damnit) and that's my toy budget for a little while.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:03 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd
Default Re: Who's going to the Evolution Phase I?

Originally posted by JRSCdSi
I decided to sign up and go to the Evolution driving school on the 23rd of August. I'll be attending the Phase I school. Anyone here going? I figure $200 worth of professional instruction for a day will make me quicker than one R-compound tire (~$200).

Greg has told me that the instructors will be Sam Strano & Jinx Jordan and/or Dean Sapp & Rob Falkner along with Tim Aro. Can't lose there! There's twelve students signed up as of now... anyone here? Should be a great day! [on knees praying to God himself for good weather]
that's good michael. learn to tame that 4 cylinder beast, hehe.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:53 AM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

i think i might be able to go for it...depends on if i get this "bonus" check or not....but looks like a maybe...
Old 07-29-2003, 11:50 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

you better get some schooling, you look foolish going slow in that type aRRR
Old 07-30-2003, 05:34 AM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

thats funny coming from a guy driving a honda...lol...yeah. i need some schooling, but your nowhere near schoolin me...neways...lol i got somethin for ya. just wait...

missed the registration date by a few days, and am in the same situation as dave with his tires...i need my check...
Old 07-30-2003, 05:59 AM
To the future...

Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol

When is the reg date and could you give me any other info? Thanks.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:16 PM

The cutoff date was Tuesday of this week (even though the flyer said Friday the 25th). You might be able to email Greg Smith and ask if they're accepting anyone else. His email address can be found on www.odr-scca.org along with more info about the Evolution schools. Or you can go to www.autocross.com/evolution .

Dave, did you see me spin it at the last event at Pungo? I need an alignment. Now that my tires are wearing, I can plainly see I don't have enough negative camber in the rears to hold any serious entry speeds (especially when I puss out and lift).

Quick Reply: Who's going to the Evolution Phase I?