VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Twisties (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/)
-   -   who builds custom roll cages around here? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/who-builds-custom-roll-cages-around-here-42700/)

94XRolla 02-20-2004 07:52 PM

who builds custom roll cages around here?

i am in hampton roads, so far the only place i have found is DWW Motorsports in Maryland... is there anyone around here that does custom 4 or 6 point cages at a reasonable price? i am new obviosly... and on a budget... but i figure with tax returns coming in why not invest in a little safety for a change..... so anyone who does them or knows anyone who can, please post !

sil80er 02-20-2004 08:08 PM

Re: who builds custom roll cages around here?

call Carol Automotive in Williamsburg on Mooretown Road

94XRolla 02-20-2004 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by sil80er
call Carol Automotive in Williamsburg on Mooretown Road

thanks, not to far from me either.

lightningd 02-20-2004 09:33 PM

you, with some pipes and a welder. ;)

jimbalaya 02-20-2004 11:01 PM

www.hpracecraft.com

They are in Va Beach. Check the Mustang Cobra and the Corvette on the Customer's Cars link for examples of their work. I know the owner Ed personally. Tell him Jim sent you. You will not be disappointed in their work.
they build NHRA certified rollcages at very reasonable prices.

jim

94XRolla 02-21-2004 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by lightningd
you, with some pipes and a welder. ;)

haha but it will cost me as much for a good quality welder as it would to have it made and installed while i sit back and drink my coffee.

S dot Camp 03-21-2004 03:54 PM

Automotive Technologies built a custom 5 point for my Civic and it came out beautifully. They are located on Military Hwy near Indian River Road. I can't remember the phone number off the top of my head, but they are in the phone book.

jimbalaya 03-21-2004 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Campachino
Automotive Technologies built a custom 5 point for my Civic and it came out beautifully. They are located on Military Hwy near Indian River Road. I can't remember the phone number off the top of my head, but they are in the phone book.

I believe HP Racecraft and Automotive Technology center are the same shop. Ed Hutchings is the owner of both. There number is 424-1740

jimmdog 03-24-2004 03:45 AM

Fairs Racing off London Bridge Rd. Did the cage for the Integra rally car @ my shop. They did a nice job, FIA spec. Dont remember the# But its on the sticker they put on the cage I'll post it later

VADA9 03-28-2004 05:37 PM

Jr's mustang shop.