Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Wheel to wheel racing for cheap!

Old 02-18-2003, 06:27 AM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate
Default Wheel to wheel racing for cheap!

Got it form the VMSC sight:

http://www.gforcekarts.com/

It would be fun to get everyone that autocrosses and go up there for a day. Look's like a crap load of fun, and it's pretty cheap. I beleive they provide you with everything you need.

Who is interested?

I seriously want to get this going.

Last edited by Axelerate; 02-18-2003 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

werd...im up for it....i own at golf carts....let get it goin....
Old 02-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

How much?
Old 02-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Banned

Banshee is an unknown quantity at this point

Been there, raced the track. =p

It's $20 per race if your not a member. $17 if you are. You are required to buy a $2 headsock in order to use their helmets if you don't have one. It's a cool place. My best time on my first and only time on that track was 28.21 seconds I believe(got the printout around here somewhere). I'd be up for it. Especially with a large group!
Old 02-19-2003, 01:14 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go to this site: http://get-fast.net/ they set up racing "leagues" and team races there. They run things like 2 hour "team" enduros with driver changes etc. If you look at the results from past events you will notice pleanty of autocrossers mostly from the Richomnd area.

I will vouch for the Get Fast Enterprises as being a pretty good bunch of people from the past track events I had run with them. One of those events was this one http://get-fast.net/speedtrial/.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:28 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

If you get 10+ people it's rather cheap to actually rent the track for a whole hour. I think that'd be a great option. I've talked with the people at g-force karts before and they were very helpful. I've never raced there though, would love to go race with you all sometime if you set something up.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:43 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

ok, we might be talking more up my money alley now w/ this hourly thing.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:45 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

sounds like tons of fun... when you guys go make sure im going too!
Old 02-20-2003, 09:49 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I should have worded my post differently. Paying hourly for the track instead of per person, per race, is a lot cheaper per minute of racing, but a higher cost overall...depending on how much racing you do. I don't remember prices but I think if you raced 3-4 8 minute races at $20 per race, you could have bought a whole hour if you had 12 people or something like that. 60min of racing for the cost of 24-32...pretty good if I'm remembering my #'s right.
I was trying to arrange an event there at one point but it was a few months back so I don't remember the exact costs...
heh, i gues this post was just a disclamer call them b4 you get your hopes up cauz I forget...
Old 02-21-2003, 04:13 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

OK, well at least were getting somewhere now.

It looks like we might have 8 people that are interested here:

Me
my brother
Vbspec
Bandit
Banshee
Lightningd
Victum
DSC

My brother, me, and Vbspec are defeinetly going regardless if we get a group together or not, so defeinetly count us in.

If we do get like 10-12 people together I will call them to see about renting the track, which sounds like a good idea to me. Once I get the prices then I'll work on setting a date that is good for everyone. I really want to do this in the next couple of months though. So tell your friends!

Last edited by Axelerate; 02-21-2003 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Wheel to wheel racing for cheap!