Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

whats new?

Old 02-20-2003, 05:28 PM
Who's this guy?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default whats new?

just wonderin what everyone has planned for the start of this season. i got a few things planned:

1. eibach sway-bar kit--take a look at a couple pics of my car at autox
2. RKSport engine mounts---you've seen my engine rocking like its gonna drop out
3. Strut-tower braces--i hate the sound of my body making that creeeeeeeeek as i turn, or pull into a drive-way
4. Pulleys--the "R" badge is no more. gotta find another way to make power
5. Falken Azenis--by the end of the 3rd autox ill need new tires....

oh yeah....whole new front end(damn light pole), and re-built engine thanks to the damn light pole(they had to check for any internal damage)
Old 02-20-2003, 09:52 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd
Default Re: whats new?

Originally posted by Bandit
just wonderin what everyone has planned for the start of this season. i got a few things planned:

1. eibach sway-bar kit--take a look at a couple pics of my car at autox
2. RKSport engine mounts---you've seen my engine rocking like its gonna drop out
3. Strut-tower braces--i hate the sound of my body making that creeeeeeeeek as i turn, or pull into a drive-way
4. Pulleys--the "R" badge is no more. gotta find another way to make power
5. Falken Azenis--by the end of the 3rd autox ill need new tires....

oh yeah....whole new front end(damn light pole), and re-built engine thanks to the damn light pole(they had to check for any internal damage)
i believe the engine mounts and the pullies take you out of STS in case you're wondering.

as for me, i need the 3 drive axles, the tranny mount bracket(which is on backorder from honda, and there is no date on new ones), the tranny mount it self, and a slave cylinder......to do the swap, not to mention whatever other here and there's there are. i know i'm gonna need 1 or more belts.

then, hopefully by may 24th, i wanna get a front strut bar, and my custom intake setup, along w/ moving the battery to the back.

oh yeah, need money too
Old 02-21-2003, 04:31 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Hopefully I'm getting a set of Azenis on lightweight 15's before the next event strictly for autox, so I will use my stock wheels for daily use.

I would love to get a good exhaust, Greddy Evo looks like the best deal, then the AEBS header which put's out 15 hp and 18 lb torque to the wheels! That's wishfull thinking though and will set me back about a grand.

I'm doing some research trying to find a good strut for my car and since nobody makes them it's gonna take some work to get them to fit right. Koni inserts probably, but I'm not sure from which application to use.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:32 AM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: whats new?

Originally posted by lightningd
i believe the engine mounts and the pullies take you out of STS in case you're wondering.
engine mounts as in factory replacements...mine are about to drop out on me....

pullies....ill get over it...i wasnt planning on staying in sts forever...hoe well...
Old 02-21-2003, 12:25 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have lots of plans as usual. We'll see how far down the list I get.

For RX7 I have new seats.

I need:
tires, track and street
steering box rebuild
idler arm bushing

I want:
Springs
swaybars
exhaust upgrades
pinapple 6 port tubes
roll bar
harnesses
Old 02-21-2003, 01:49 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd
Default Re: Re: Re: whats new?

Originally posted by Bandit
engine mounts as in factory replacements...mine are about to drop out on me....

pullies....ill get over it...i wasnt planning on staying in sts forever...hoe well...
ok, maybe i'm wrong...

"Any accessory pulleys and belts of the same type (e.g., V-belt, serpentine) as standard may be used. This allowance applies to accessory pulleys only (e.g., alternator, water pump, power steering pump, and crankshaft drive pulleys). It does not allow replacement, modification, or substitution of pulleys, cogs, gears, or belts which are part of cam, layshaft, or ignition drive or timing systems, etc. Supercharged cars are excluded from this allowance. This does not permit replacement of integral pulley-dampener/balancer assemblies. "

i guess as long as you don't change the "type" of pulley. i dunno how many types a pulley can be, lol.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:23 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Heres my plans:

Rims and tires OK I did get them already,
Eibach swaybars,
4 point harness,
New struts if they ever come out for my car,
Then headers, intake, and exaust.

All of this will start in like late April or early May. Thats when I get my next raise..
Old 02-23-2003, 05:40 PM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

New Intake a Throttle Body, 5-8 more whp (no one really knows). Maybe some brake ducts to the front brakes, Also, a bigger radiator for the summer events.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:18 PM
co driver

well, i found out yesterday, that i should be moving up a spot at work, so that means about $400 more a month so hopefully, i can get all the stuff i want done before may's prosolo
Old 02-24-2003, 06:00 AM

monaco is an unknown quantity at this point

New SSR Comp Rs -Stock legal.
K&N Filter, Magnecore Wires.
Test and tune all available front sways and rear sport suspension plus sway.
Exhaust, either Helix or Magnaflow.
And most important Evolution Drivers School Phase 1 & 2

Quick Reply: whats new?