Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

wanting to get into autox

Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 AM
at the track today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast
Default Re: wanting to get into autox

Originally Posted by Broke Neck

nvm - reading rules now
It was a good question so I'll share it for all to see, if you don't mind. You originally wrote:

"Jon - Do yall do fun runs at the end of the day? Last AutoX I went to at ACU4 they were doing $1 fun runs after all the timed runs were done at the end of the day. Pull up to the line hand a guy a dollar and go, thought it was an awesome idea, unfortunatly I couldnt partake because the girl ended up not feeling so well."

The answer is that we have done funruns in the past, usually for free or if we collect money we give it to charity or use it to buy the event staff some Arby's afterward. They are a good idea and indeed quite fun (especially when you switch cars with someone or ride along to coach) - but usually not many people stayed to take advantage of 'em. Like ten or so people on average, out of a 60-80 car field. So in '08 I think? we decided to instead use that time to benefit everyone who registered not just a fraction of 'em, i.e. run long heats as late as we can and give everyone an extra run or two.

We also started allowing people to do a second entry that are all fun runs, timed but not scored, assuming they'll also take on a second work assignment (usually something w/morning setup.) But very few people do a double fun run entry, like a handful a year. It makes for a very long and busy day.

That said, if we had an undersubscribed event where everyone already had 8+ runs and there was time at the end of the day, we would definitely do funruns again, the event costs the same to put on whether we end early or run as late as we're allowed (i.e. 530pm at VMP), so why not stay and have as much fun as possible. Probably not gonna happen this Sunday though, we're expecting a full house of ~25 cars per 110min heat.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

If you end up going, you should ask my dad if he is willing to give you some rides. He'll be in the '79 civic, it'll be pretty hard to miss.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Registered Member

WheelPowerRacin has disabled reputation

Nothing wrong with the Civics/Integras. Cars have developed a bad reputation due to the "ricers", but when done right are cheap & competative. Aftermarket parts are cheap & plentiful, just make sure you buy good quality parts and not the super cheap ebay stuff. I recommend the OBD1 cars. Come by Sunday and check my track Civic out. I had less than $1K in it in 2008 when I competed in my first Auto-X season. Build thread is here:
http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php?topic=2045.0
Old 01-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered member

sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr

Originally Posted by getfast
"Jon - Do yall do fun runs at the end of the day? Last AutoX I went to at ACU4 they were doing $1 fun runs after all the timed runs were done at the end of the day. Pull up to the line hand a guy a dollar and go, thought it was an awesome idea, unfortunatly I couldnt partake because the girl ended up not feeling so well."

The answer is that we have done funruns in the past, usually for free or if we collect money we give it to charity or use it to buy the event staff some Arby's afterward. They are a good idea and indeed quite fun (especially when you switch cars with someone or ride along to coach) - but usually not many people stayed to take advantage of 'em. Like ten or so people on average, out of a 60-80 car field. So in '08 I think? we decided to instead use that time to benefit everyone who registered not just a fraction of 'em, i.e. run long heats as late as we can and give everyone an extra run or two.
TSCC only does fun-runs if enough people sign up to staff an extra heat. Ordinarily, everyone who races is required to stay to the end of the race and help clean up and do the FOD walk down the ramp; on a fun-run day, though, anyone not doing fun-runs can leave early. The club's a non-profit organization, so any extra cash at the end of the year gets donated to charity (usually something navy related to thank the gracious hosts at ACU4) or goes towards the end-of-year party/awards banquet.