Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Wacky Wednesday next season

Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ckboy03 ckboy03 ckboy03 ckboy03 ckboy03 ckboy03 ckboy03 ckboy03 ckboy03 ckboy03 ckboy03
Default Re: Wacky Wednesday next season

I agree, that would be good!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:24 PM
No Rep, No Respect..

NeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the rough

reverse direction every other week or from A Main to B main... sorry I got nothing else. I would like to see pairings by time, but the sand baggers would cause problems. I'll talk to Dale in the A.M. He would be helping to enact new rules anyway.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:00 PM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo

Originally Posted by 9civic5
How about you let me take the mic.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

CrJenkins13 is on a distinguished road

Getting the crowd into it by making everyone go the opposite way and having right turns is rediculous. I'm going to try and get out there next season for my first time, but there's no way I'm doing it if I can't take it serious and set up my car, because I might just end up having to go the opposite way. Also, the general idea of not allowing certain tires is horrible as well.

Obviously seeing people wreck is neat and all, but if you're going to change it, IMO make it more and more like a legitemate race...I know y'alls job is to give the crowd a show and such, but...I feel the more we can make it towards a "street legal" class, rather than a "wacky wednesday come watch a bunch of pieces of shit wreck" would be great.

And the 1 lap thing is a real buzz kill. Someone said it's against track rules, but if it isn't adding some laps would be great. I'm still on the fence as to race next season or not, because if I do it's going to be full commitment or none, and it doesn't really seem like a race (well, the type I'm interested in...) when it's one lap. This may come off as completely ignorant, as I've never been out (plan on going next week), but it seems like there's no way to really get into a groove and warmed up. Just seems like 4 random left turns, then you sit out while a bunch of other trials go on, then you do a couple more.

Basically what I'm interested in is anything more towards a legit Saturday night race. What I really should do is just buy a Pro Six and run that, but there's no way I'm doing that while being a full time student with no job, so...this is my only chance and would be a dream come true if I could figure out a way to run my car (and be committed / competitive every week) on a budget.

Just my .02, if I sound completely rediculous and dumb just ignore
Old 07-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

they have a rookie class at the local dirt track down here, they make them turn right on sertain nights. its a random occurance on the direction they run. it prevents on or two people from "dialing in" the car to a specific environment. with this event you all have, i think the randomness of direction would be good. it will force people to bring a car that is less preped for the track.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 AM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

Get a new flag guy, he fucks me over every time
Old 07-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

I personally like the one lap, standing start format. when I try to explain it to people I tell them it's just like Pinks, only in a circle. Perhaps some parity in the staging to take into account the differences in each car. Sorta like an scca classing but instead of PAX you have different staging for the starts. Or we could just argue on TV like the Pinks guys do and figure out how much we each get spotted.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:26 AM
(°____°)

VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom

Originally Posted by Will Sol
yup...

How about we have random oil slick buttons whenever enough of the crowd pushes a button???
thatd be freakin awesome lol

everyone bring their water guns with oil in them and shoot at the track as the drivers pass
Old 07-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

comegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the rough

i for one would like to see it actually be a true double elimination. one thing though is that would take up a little bit of time they dont have. now dont get upset with me about this but i say to save time get rid of the burnout contest all together. i mean only 2 people showing up that blows. i wouldnt mind if there was more people wanting to try and blow there engine out there and burn some tires but since so few do it oh well.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Cool story Hansel.

Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28

I'm most likely going to run at least once next year. I like the idea of reverse direction...it would make things more interesting. One question - they probably frown upon drifting, but even when gripping my car slides out sometimes because of my welded diff. Are there any penalties for losing traction?

Quick Reply: Wacky Wednesday next season