VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Twisties (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/)
-   -   Wacky Wednesday next season (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/wacky-wednesday-next-season-300310/)

comegetsome 07-09-2009 07:20 AM

Wacky Wednesday next season

As some of you might know from last nights drivers meeting there was a discussion about how we can change wacky Wednesday next season and what wewould like to do different. I think this would be a great place and time to discuss our ideas or thoughts about what changes we would like to do. One big factor is that with the new rules we need to ensure that people are going to want to return or try it for the first time.

My ideas are having classes to group people together that way we can keep the compiton high and more equal for all. Such as grouping either by street tire vs r compounds. Or by times. Like people with times of 17-19, 20-22, 23-25, the rest. Or both. Just an idea.
Some mentined having mutiple cars. How many would like to do that out there with there daily drivers? Maybe getting two laps per race.

These are just some ideas please feel free to add or comment then we can get what we agree on to the track officials and impliment them for next season.

1slowxr4ti 07-09-2009 07:32 AM

Re: Wacky Wednesday next season

i think grouping by time is the best and fair choice. it will be more interesting and more fun.

Razmus 07-09-2009 08:18 AM

+1 on the time. it would make it more like racing and not slaughtering. Having a 45 ton truck race a C6 isnt that much fun to watch.

comegetsome 07-09-2009 09:40 AM

The only down side I see to this is the lenght of the race. I know being in the middle of the week it's nice that it only lasts till 10 pm. Would having it set up that way upset the time the race finishes overall? Will there be seperate winners or still just one? I don't k ow what you get if you win sure it's some moneys would it be split up? I don't thi k it would be to hard to start an hour earlier if need be but what about those who work till 5? Would that make it harder for the fans too gotta think about them too for the show.

Natchez 07-09-2009 09:58 AM

2 lap races, I know it'll add time but it will make for much better Crashes

Will Sol 07-09-2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ProjektPhoto (Post 5434414)
2 lap races, I know it'll add time but it will make for much better Crashes

This man speaks the truth.

please... DO IT!

ntinhri 07-09-2009 04:23 PM

the problem with grouping by time, is that some folks will sand bag on time attacks. they did that 2 years ago..

Track wont do two laps.....

I say get the crowd involved..... let them tell the drivers to run again or run the oppsite direction.. Most of those regulars are set up for lefts only. throw a twist and make them turn right.. you will see a much better race..

83Stang5.0 07-09-2009 04:32 PM

Fuck a right turn!

comegetsome 07-10-2009 05:50 AM

[QUOTE=ntinhri;5435509]the problem with grouping by time, is that some folks will sand bag on time attacks. they did that 2 years ago..

Track wont do two laps.....QUOTE]

very good point never thought about sand baggers. most of us know who are regulars and can run what times though. whats wrong with two laps? too much of a chance of wrecks:(

dave22 07-10-2009 06:07 AM

Time trials were two laps the first year I ran out there. But doing two laps for the one-on-ones would make the night last forever and the crowd would be sick of it long before the end.