Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

VMP plans to build a road course.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Danny@respecgarage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Re: VMP plans to build a road course.

Going straight is boring
Old 10-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

sounds fun! hope they do it!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:15 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
They should build an ebisu circuit. I wish someone would build a dedicated drift motorsports park. I wish I had a bank roll.
Because road racers mean $$$, just look at NASA. Plus there are alot of road racers in the area. Building a track just for drifting (small) doesn't make alot of sense.

Now, having both or having a drift configuration makes perfect sense.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

thats what I meant. Road racing is where is at and most drifter are cheap. A $100 entry fee is the end of the world for most...lol. Now building a full road course with lets say a seperate 1 mile drift course would be sick. The reason why i decided to stay in VA was because all of the racing available within a 4 hour drive.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by JStab
NHRA leaves for a few years, IHRA comes in. NHRA comes back for a few years then leave again. It is a perpetual cycle.
Yes and it has to do with the track. That is why they left the first time. Then the track was fixed. Now it needs to be fixed again and guess what? They are leaving.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Fuck them road racin faggots. If they ruin that drag strip I'm gona raise hell.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Originally Posted by Axelerate
Apparently this has been in the works since it was built, but never got started. If they are looking for more revenue, this would be the answer.
Yep, there is probably still a big drawing on the wall in the garage by the staging lanes. It has been years since I saw it but I remember something about the dragstrip being the front straight.

As for revenue - plan on at least $1m per paved mile of road course, although in this case it may be less if a bunch of the clearing and grading and prep has already been done. From there, a facility can charge $3k-$10k a day, on average, to rent a reasonable circuit. More for a pro one. Call it $7500 a day for 200 days a year... that's $1.5m a year. Do the math - it can make sense.

At any rate I have inquired with my contact up there and hope to hear back soon. I'll share any details he clears me to release.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 AM
IT7/CSP RX-7 User!

mazda6guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Build it and they will come! I know I will. I think it would be good for the area if they build it. Everything else is out there. Why not? Never knew road racers was faggots?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

sjs0433 has disabled reputation

This would be awesome. I hope to see it happen. VIR isn't that far away from me but something only a 1/3 of the distance away would be even better if not at the least offer some variety to VIR.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 AM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

I'd go. Alot.

Quick Reply: VMP plans to build a road course.