VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Twisties (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/)
-   -   TSSC AutoX July 26 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/tssc-autox-july-26-a-300894/)

driverdog 07-17-2009 04:43 PM

Re: TSSC AutoX July 26

Originally Posted by comegetsome (Post 5456970)
oh crap i signed up and all but um i guess im first car out in the afternoon and hell i have never been to one seen one or nothing just heard about it actually. they put my in the CPS class because i have a CAI. so how is that class? anyways see you all there.

It is all about learning and having fun. Really, just relax and try not get lost, lower times will come with each successful run.

CSP is a good class to be in because there is a lot of competitors in the class, and everyone is approachable.

driverdog 07-17-2009 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser (Post 5444088)
Registration is open for our next event at Little Creek amphib base.

http://www.autocross.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=4614

So Mills, what does TSSC stand for anyway?

sjfehr 07-17-2009 04:50 PM

Wow, just noticed we've got 30 Novices signed up. Hope everyone can make it, it's always a blast :D Just don't forget to put your name on the access list or you won't be able to get on base.

Access list registration:
http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.co...pper&Itemid=55

driverdog 07-17-2009 04:53 PM

Oh, I see TSSC is a new way of saying TSCC?

Just messing with you, I know it means Tidewater Sports Car Club, but just wanted to clarify to the new people.

Beach Cruiser 07-17-2009 06:03 PM

You gou guys are harsh! just trying to get some new blood out there! And Steve, you are the reason I concided and started running R-comps out at Pungo, no way my 1000lbs heavier car can compete with your's on Streets! (still faster than your wife:D) By the way, I was street tire champ last year, FWIW. Jim, sorry, it'sTSCC! my mistake, but at least the link was right.

quick26 07-17-2009 06:07 PM

i think the classing system is broken....:D

comegetsome 07-17-2009 06:26 PM

Well i do believe i will be running in the novice CSP. i am running a 2000 mazda miata LS on street tires um tread wear of 300 or so. the only mods are a bolt in roll bar, after cat exhaust. but the cold air intake it making me go to the CSP class according the the guys on TSCC um neal i think it is. anyways yeah cant wait to have fun this is one of the reasons i bought the car to take to one of these events.

so i hope you all are there and hope to see you. cant wait see you there. i really dont like the idea of being the first one to start the afternoon though but oh well. do you only get your one run? that sucks if so though.

bumada 07-17-2009 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by comegetsome (Post 5457751)
Well i do believe i will be running in the novice CSP. i am running a 2000 mazda miata LS on street tires um tread wear of 300 or so. the only mods are a bolt in roll bar, after cat exhaust. but the cold air intake it making me go to the CSP class according the the guys on TSCC um neal i think it is. anyways yeah cant wait to have fun this is one of the reasons i bought the car to take to one of these events.

so i hope you all are there and hope to see you. cant wait see you there. i really dont like the idea of being the first one to start the afternoon though but oh well. do you only get your one run? that sucks if so though.

you will get 4 timed runs. my suggestion would be to take your first run at a relatively slower pace than the rest of your runs so you know exactly what the course is and where your car should be. you will be able to walk the course before the afternoon session starts so make sure you walk it at least twice as that is the biggest factor as to why novices get called off course. talk with the miata guys, most of them know what they are doing and their cars are set up perfect for the CSP class.

quick26 07-17-2009 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by comegetsome (Post 5457751)

edit: answer was provided while i was typing. :o

sjfehr 07-17-2009 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser (Post 5457697)
You gou guys are harsh! just trying to get some new blood out there! And Steve, you are the reason I concided and started running R-comps out at Pungo, no way my 1000lbs heavier car can compete with your's on Streets! (still faster than your wife:D) By the way, I was street tire champ last year, FWIW. Jim, sorry, it'sTSCC! my mistake, but at least the link was right.

So you bailled from STR due to competition from me and Steve Dasher... into a class with Tom Bleh and Peter Florence? hehe, had me going there for a second! Actually, I've only won street tire class once this year at Pungo; up until this past month, the courses have hated me and punished me severely. Hopefully I'll pull it together the rest of the year like I did this past race at Pungo and find those 3 seconds I know are out there.

I'm glad I stayed on street tires again this year, I think I'm learning a lot more than I would with r-comps. I am seriously considering jumping to r-comps next year, though, despite not really having an extra $2k sitting around for wheels and tires, and having no way to get them to the track. By which I mean, Melissa wants them :)