Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

TSCC Autocross at ACU-4 on August 16th, 2009

Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: TSCC Autocross at ACU-4 on August 16th, 2009

Originally Posted by quick26
it does not matter what you do you cant make eveyone happy. aim for the greater good and let the rest fall into place. if it does not work revamp it again. personally, it does not matter to me, tell me when to be there and what you want done and i am good.
X2 I mean I personally think we are lucky they even allow this and if all we have to do is a little FOD walk through after the race and sacrifice a little time to keep this event open for us then so be it. Yeah thisis only my second time out there and helped after the last event it went rather quickly with so few people. I can't imagine it taking that long with so many more people helping out. It does suck for those who go to church Sunday morning and race after but there is night church too. Or even those who have to work that does make it hard for some too just how dedicated are you to the sport? My 3 pennies less than a nickel
Old 08-06-2009, 05:56 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

Sorry if I made it sound like i'm whining, the "real" issue is that there are a lot of regular club members that have fixed numbers that are not showing up. This leaves "holes" in the morning schedule that could be filled with the new guys. (this fixes several problems). In the last event there was 26 guys in the Novice class. Thanks in part by posting in this thread.

I would propose that if you you have a fixed number and you are a no show without prior notification you lose the privledge of the number for the rest of the year. Run two heats in the am and two in the PM. 1 works 2 and 2 works 1. You can keep the break at lunch to do the grid switch out and afternoon driver's meeting. Really, how long does it take to get out of your car and walk to the work spot or vice versa?

The email that was sent out made it sound like every participant must stay to the end to do the FOD walk, do you really need 100+ guys to walk down acu4? If you need more dedicated workers like Tech or Security just ask like you did for the three new officer positions.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Controlled Chaos

fourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to all

The number of people required for FOD will be variable and depend entirely on fun runs.

If there are enough people for fun runs, you can leave after running and working. If we are not doing fun runs, everybody should hang out for FOD walk. With the new fun run sign up sheet, you should know if there is enough people by the end of the 3rd heat.

The earliest you can leave is the end of the 3rd heat, after you change tires and load up, whats another 30-45mins?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Controlled Chaos

fourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser
If you need more dedicated workers like Tech or Security just ask like you did for the three new officer positions.
That's not as easy as it sounds. I sent out an email to all 148 members and I received 2 responses, and I truly appreciate the two that stepped up and offered to help out.

I personally asked the 3rd person to assume a title for a position they were already filling.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:07 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

The schedule isn't new, it's just back to the way things used to be.

You've got to pay to play whether it's with $$$ or time. Just be happy you have ACU-4 available. For a while it was just Fentress and Pungo, or dirve 3 hours to run VMP.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I might bring 'ol McVette out for this.

EDIT: So when does non-member registration open?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

Slantnose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I might bring 'ol McVette out for this.

EDIT: So when does non-member registration open?
tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Autocross.US

jimbalaya has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SSSupra
I mean really? My point is that there have always been people who for one reason or another can only run in the morning or afternoon and this event worked well because it could accommodate them, now it won't.
For you and Mills:
We can move your permanent number into the first heat for the rest of the season. This way you run first heat, change tires during the second heat, and leave after working the 3rd heat. I don't think this makes your day much longer than it is now. Just offering a solution as i'd hate to see either of you stop coming to the events.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

I cant believe people are so butt hurt about this. And why is always the noobs who bitch and complain. This schedule was implemented just a short time ago what like 2 maybe three years so the "always" arguement is total F'n BS. Here is a thought if you are a member and have not been showing up at club meetings and making your opinion heard shut the .... up!!! No complaints about changes allowed (that includes me). If you are not a club member STFU and don't speak until your dues are paid. No one who puts these events gets paid in anyway shape or form. And that are thanked 10000000000000000000000000 times less than they should be.

Where else are you guys going to go? If you are going to travel that F's up a whole day too. So its quite your bitching and deal or take your ball and go home.

With any club I've ever seen like this it runs great for about 2-3 years then the participants get used to a great event and when anything changes they cry. This is usually the time all of the people who put on these events are staring to get burnt out.... SEE Shawn's post on the 1st page. And usually the bitching pushes the key people away. Anyone remember a guy who had a yellow Mustang 7-8 years ago.... He's not around any more.

I will be at this next event and it will be the first one Pops and I have made all year if anyone need a hug to help them get over there disappointment in the schedule change come and see me.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 AM
LOL@DrivenThugtards.

SSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to all

lol, what?

Quick Reply: TSCC Autocross at ACU-4 on August 16th, 2009