Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

TSCC Autocross at ACU-4 on August 16th, 2009

Old 08-05-2009, 06:57 AM
LOL@DrivenThugtards.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to all
Default Re: TSCC Autocross at ACU-4 on August 16th, 2009

Yup, sucks but oh well. I'll finish out the season but looks like there won't be any autox for me next season.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

Yeah, chewing up a whole Sunday hanging around, the wife's not going to be happy about that. Plus a couple hours on Sat cleaning the car and changing tires too. I don't mind working at all, don't get me wrong. They guys that have to be there all day, signed up for the duty when they became officers. Just my .02
Old 08-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

Originally Posted by SSSupra
Yup, sucks but oh well. I'll finish out the season but looks like there won't be any autox for me next season.
track days now?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 AM
LOL@DrivenThugtards.

SSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to all

Dunno, I just don't think I'll be hanging around acu4 all day.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Controlled Chaos

fourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SSSupra
y this new schedule is garbage, in case anyone cares.
Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser
They guys that have to be there all day, signed up for the duty when they became officers. Just my .02
I appreciate the input guys. Thanks for the support!

Is there anything else we can do to make your autocross experience any worse?

The club officers put in more time than just the 10 hours on Sunday and 3-4 hours setting up on Saturday.

Should we arrange our schedules so that we can come by and clean your car and change your tires for you. I have some free time on Saturday afternoons.

I really enjoy being away from my wife and two young daughters for 13-14hrs on autocross weekends setting up and organizing events, so you guys can have poorly scheduled events to bitch about. What's another hour or two to help you out on Saturdays?

I'll be sure to put a complaint in to the TSCC HR department. I think we should be getting paid overtime for the long hours we put in. Let's see...1.5 x $0.00 is ???

Maybe the current board should just throw in the towel and let you guys run the club. Obviously, we don't know what we are doing.

Last edited by fourwhls; 08-05-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:31 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

shawnmad.gif

but i agree
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

.nvm

Last edited by Broke Neck; 08-05-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Registered member

sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr

Y'all are making way too much of this schedule change. Turnout has been extremely low this year- they put 30-35 per heat, but with only 100 cars on average coming to a race this year, it's still going to be 25 car heats. (Or maybe 3x 30 car heats with low turnout?) So, sure, it starts a little later, but it's also ending sooner too. In fact, the new schedule is essentially no different than Pungo. Personally, I think it's a good compromise. Late enough to give afternoon people a reasonable wake-up time, but finishing early enough to not take the whole day.

FOD walk is one of the few concessions the Navy places on us for using ACU4 and it's a VERY small price to pay for getting to use this excellent facility. But one the club has (speaking from what I've seen lately), been far too lax on. Too few people are sticking around to do a proper FOD walk, and that's just unsat. If the only reason you're upset is that now you have to stay a little later to help clean up.... The work is cross-heat anyhow (1-3/2-4) so the earliest you'd get out is after heat 3 anyway, and it's going to take you a good chunk of heat 4 to change your tires/get packed back up anyway.

Last edited by sjfehr; 08-06-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

it does not matter what you do you cant make eveyone happy. aim for the greater good and let the rest fall into place. if it does not work revamp it again. personally, it does not matter to me, tell me when to be there and what you want done and i am good.

Last edited by quick26; 08-06-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:31 AM
LOL@DrivenThugtards.

Originally Posted by fourwhls
I appreciate the input guys. Thanks for the support!
Is there anything else we can do to make your autocross experience any worse?
The club officers put in more time than just the 10 hours on Sunday and 3-4 hours setting up on Saturday.
Should we arrange our schedules so that we can come by and clean your car and change your tires for you. I have some free time on Saturday afternoons.
I really enjoy being away from my wife and two young daughters for 13-14hrs on autocross weekends setting up and organizing events, so you guys can have poorly scheduled events to bitch about. What's another hour or two to help you out on Saturdays?
I'll be sure to put a complaint in to the TSCC HR department. I think we should be getting paid overtime for the long hours we put in. Let's see...1.5 x $0.00 is ???
Maybe the current board should just throw in the towel and let you guys run the club. Obviously, we don't know what we are doing.
I mean really? My point is that there have always been people who for one reason or another can only run in the morning or afternoon and this event worked well because it could accommodate them, now it won't. I wouldn't be suprised to see a bigger decline in participation simply because people can't make it. Dunno, I could be wrong just seems like the decision was made a little early to change like this.

Originally Posted by sjfehr
Y'all are making way too much of this schedule change. Turnout has been extremely low this year- they put 30-35 per heat, but with only 100 cars on average coming to a race this year, it's still going to be 25 car heats. (Or maybe 3x 30 car heats with low turnout?) So, sure, it starts a little later, but it's also ending sooner too. In fact, the new schedule is essentially no different than Pungo. Personally, I think it's a good compromise. Late enough to give afternoon people a reasonable wake-up time, but finishing early enough to not take the whole day.

FOD walk is one of the few concessions the Navy places on us for using ACU4 and it's a VERY small price to pay for getting to use this excellent facility. But one the club has (speaking from what I've seen lately), been far too lax on. Too few people are sticking around to do a proper FOD walk, and that's just unsat. If the only reason you're upset is that now you have to stay a little later to help clean up - too damned bad. The work is cross-heat anyhow (1-3/2-4) so the earliest you'd get out is after heat 3 anyway, and it's going to take you a good chunk of heat 4 to change your tires/get packed back up anyway.
They don't give out extra points or cookies for agreeing with them.

Quick Reply: TSCC Autocross at ACU-4 on August 16th, 2009