VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Twisties (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/)
-   -   TSCC 3/20/2011 Event #1 at ACU-4 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/tscc-3-20-2011-event-1-acu-4-a-387025/)

sjfehr 03-09-2011 03:08 PM

TSCC 3/20/2011 Event #1 at Pungo

ATTENTION! This event has changed to Pungo!

Due to a delay in the approval to use ACU-4 for the upcoming March 20th event TSCC has rented the Pungo Airfield location to hold our event at. Since this is the first event of the season and we all have been waiting too long to get back on course we felt that the inconvenience of having to relocate the event at the last minute would be a better alternative to canceling the event.

Unfortunately we will not be able to have the Test-n-Tune on Saturday as planned, but we do need some volunteers (more than usual) to help prepare the site for our event. Please reply to this email if you are able to assist Saturday. Push brooms, blowers, and weedeater’s would be a ton of help, so if you have one please bring it. If we can get done early enough to set the course up, a few practice runs(in reverse direction only) may be your payment for giving up some of your Saturday to help us make the event happen.

The entrance gate is located 300 foot North of Pungo Pizza on Princess Anne Rd.

Pungo Pizza
1824 Princess Anne Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456

Setup/cleanup will start at 8am Saturday. More information will be emailed to you and posted on the TSCC web page as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience with this late news.

Originally Posted by Old Post
Registration for the TSCC March 20th, 2011 Event at ACU4 is open to the public!

Due to a scheduling crunch we were not able to open the event to our members prior to opening to the public, next month(and the rest of the year) we will open registration on our typical schedule: Full and Basic Members will receive an email containing a temporary user name & password, 3 days later event registration will open to the public and a notice will be placed on autocross.us and VA Driven

To register for the event, follow this link:
http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/inde...&Itemid=107
To view the entries for the event, follow this link:
Event Entry List

To register for the 2011 Base Access List, follow this link:
Base Access List Registration Form

To review the current 2011 Base Access List, follow this link:
Base Access List
Remember if you're not on the Access List before Wednesday March 16th, you won't get in the gate!

Don't forget to bring a few bucks to have lunch with the MWR gang.

S2Kitt 03-09-2011 06:25 PM

Re: TSCC 3/20/2011 Event #1 at ACU-4

registered an paid.

S2Kitt 03-14-2011 07:18 PM

Damn it!
I just got the Email that ACU-4 was moved out to Pungo.

Tragic....... :(

sjfehr 03-15-2011 01:40 AM

Yes, this event has changed to Pungo.

Originally Posted by Neal Davis
To all TSCC Members and Entrants:

Due to a delay in the approval to use ACU-4 for the upcoming March 20th event TSCC has rented the Pungo Airfield location to hold our event at. Since this is the first event of the season and we all have been waiting too long to get back on course we felt that the inconvenience of having to relocate the event at the last minute would be a better alternative to canceling the event.

Unfortunately we will not be able to have the Test-n-Tune on Saturday as planned, but we do need some volunteers (more than usual) to help prepare the site for our event. Please reply to this email if you are able to assist Saturday. Push brooms, blowers, and weedeater’s would be a ton of help, so if you have one please bring it. If we can get done early enough to set the course up, a few practice runs(in reverse direction only) may be your payment for giving up some of your Saturday to help us make the event happen.

The entrance gate is located 300 foot North of Pungo Pizza on Princess Anne Rd.

Pungo Pizza
1824 Princess Anne Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456

Setup/cleanup will start at 8am Saturday. More information will be emailed to you and posted on the TSCC web page as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience with this late news.

stevo.kelley 03-16-2011 02:27 PM

ill be there

sjfehr 03-19-2011 10:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks again to everyone that came and helped clean up and set up today! I've never seen Pungo look so good :D

Course "map" (of sorts) is posted below; it may not look at at first glance, but actually flows very well and is not hard to follow on course. The precision on my GPS wasn't really enough to show the fine-points of the course, but this should give you a good idea:

Attachment 200201

Attachment 200202

Registration will be in the timing & scoring trailer. Tech will be in the green-cone area directly adjacent to timing & scoring. If you arrive early, please allow room to set up grid- it will have to be a larger grid area than we usually need for ODR-SCCA events.

sjfehr 03-19-2011 04:09 PM

I don't want to steal the thunder from our tech chiefs, but WE NEED TECH WORKERS! Most of the tech crew from last year is unavailable this year, and we need 2-4 new people to work tech this year. I know a whole bunch of people were interested and attended TSCC tech training last year, but ended up not working any events. If any of you would like to work tech, come early tomorrow (before registration & tech open) and talk to our tech chiefs Steve Dasher and Steve Shell. If any of you would like to work tech but haven't been trained yet... come early tomorrow and talk to Dasher and Shell. They may not be able to do training in time for this race, but they'll get you set up for future events.

If you work tech- that's your work assignment for the day, you don't have to shag cones. Tech workers take turns doing walk-throughs, so that everyone has the chance to walk the course and prep their car.

sjfehr 03-20-2011 04:37 PM

[quote name='Autox' date='Mar 20 2011, 07:11 PM' post='52413']
Preliminary unaudited results are up on the website. Will be a day or two to get the audit sheets to audit the results. I will write up an explanation of the new pax points system and try to post results for season points shortly after that.

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/resu...2011/110320.htm
[/quote]

B20N2o 03-23-2011 05:57 AM

cant wait

Madhatchz 03-23-2011 07:19 AM

Man that does look like it was a fun/fast course for pungo. I should have my car done to start doing events in May. Sjfehr ill be needing your help with classing agian lol. :thup: