Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

the teg.....in the shop..

Old 11-16-2002, 07:36 AM
This is going to spo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1
Default the teg.....in the shop..

teg got 0wn3d wednesday in the parking lot at the gym. It is now in the shop. that's why I'm not driving sunday.
I really have not been in the mood to talk/post about it until today, and I'm still not really.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:58 AM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that. Why don't you autocross the rental and have some fun with that thing.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:06 AM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

it's a cavalier. it is unsafe at any speed. the last thing I need durning my current "dip in form" is to go out in a cavalier on greasys and understeer into everything.
and it really is not fun to drive at all.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:11 AM
Just a 1.3 Liter

GreyGT-C is an unknown quantity at this point

You shoulda got the Mitsubishi whatever the hell it is....i had a purple-blue one when i wrecked the RX7...that thing was a blast to drive...........thru bushes....over curbs......jumping sidewalks. I was almost sad to see the RX7 finished, cause i had to turn this POS back in. and yes, i most definately had full insurance on the rental...

Ever think of having a Spec-rental class in Auto-X or at the track???
Old 11-16-2002, 09:00 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

that sucks, now you won't be able to compete for the points in the winter for
Old 11-16-2002, 12:33 PM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

I had no choice...I showed up to drop off the integra, and thay had this POS waiting for me. I have considered taking it back and just telling them that it is completely inadaquate. It really is unsafe at any speed...I mean it shakes at like 50 and by 80, it is completely out of control
as for winter 4....I don't really give a shit. I'm thinkin' I'm through autocrossing seriously. somewhere along the way I lost touch with what the whole autocross thing was supposted to be: something to do between track events. I don't even really like autocrossing, it's fuckin' boreing. I think next year instead of hittin' like 12 autocrosses and 2 track events, I'm going to try to hit about 4 track events and maybe an autocross or two. I also want to build a better track car, which pretty much means a non-competitive autocross car...
Old 11-16-2002, 01:01 PM
Just a 1.3 Liter

So.....what all does that involve on the Teg? Brake upgrade? More power? Full cage? Gutted interior?....Spill the beans man

also....what happened to it to begin with?
Old 11-16-2002, 01:16 PM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

Originally posted by GreyGT-C
So.....what all does that involve on the Teg? Brake upgrade? More power? Full cage? Gutted interior?....
selling the shit out of it and replaceing it with something lighter and cheaper to fix should I wad it up, yet simular and within the realm of my technical knowledge [read between the line] ek/eg hybrid [/read between the lines]
also....what happened to it to begin with?
went to the gym, left and hour later and went to work. came out to car after the sun finally came up and found huge scratch all the way down the driver side, I mean like literally from rear bumper to front fender, plus good dent on rear quarter, right behind the drivers door and crease in door.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:42 PM
Just a 1.3 Liter

Originally posted by tecnic1
replaceing it with something lighter and cheaper to fix should I wad it up,

ek/eg hybrid

went to the gym, left and hour later and went to work. came out to car after the sun finally came up and found huge scratch all the way down the driver side, I mean like literally from rear bumper to front fender, plus good dent on rear quarter, right behind the drivers door and crease in door.

hah.....thought were gonna say miata for a sec...thats the cheapest thing i've seen to keep on the track...and who gives a shit if you wreck it??

i'm not really sure what a ek/eg hybrid is.....i'm assuming some sort of honda w/ a different engine in it. is that the hatchback one? What kinda power potential can you look at reliably w/ it?

sorry to hear about the car.....but thats what you get for living in a state full of asshole drivers.....the only reason mine isn't fucked up yet is that we can't keep it running long enough for someone to hit it.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:19 PM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

yeah, 92-00 hatch...really, those shells are as cheap as $1000 for an older one...