Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Spring Tune up

Old 02-03-2003, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhh yes.. Money. Depends on the clutch he has or wants as to the cost.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:07 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

yeah, i believe most ppl here are smart, and won't buy an APC clutch or something. the one i want after the swap is an ACT street disc, yes, street disc for $500. it has 90% pressure over stock.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:32 PM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

That's really wasen't what I meant. Once you have an aftermarket clutch, the disc's themselves are not that expensive. I've got a Center Force Dual Friction on the Talon, just the disc is only like $75. An ACT replacement disc is like $100.

What I was going to say was that if he's waiting to save for the install, I could give him a hand. I've done 3 of them in my Talon plus a handful of others. I've got access to a Cherry Picker, have an air compressor and all the tools. Be in and out in a Saturday. The other thing would be to pick up a used flywheel ahead of time and have it machined and ready to go. That's another $40 for the machining and $45 for a used stock flywheel.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:38 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

i am very broke right now with school i make just enough to pay my bills so no extra money right now. I never pay people to install something i can do my self. The clutch i just killed was the CF dual friction 2500lb. Lasted about 1 1/2 years