Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Registration for Pungo on the 3rd is open.

Old 07-20-2003, 07:08 PM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate
Default Registration for Pungo on the 3rd is open.

Hasn't been a whole of posts here lately, so here you go:

http://members.aol.com/odrscca/soloreg3.htm

I'm number 30.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:19 PM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

ILL BE AT VIR !!!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO (blur- song 2)
Old 07-20-2003, 09:22 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

i'm #46. will i have new tires? i doubt it. my tax return i've been waiting on was mailed out on May 23rd and i still haven't gotten it. so now i have to wait on another one or wait the same amount of time, to find out if i can get another one. gotta love the gov't.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:38 AM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

19...hopefully ill be there...
Old 07-21-2003, 11:24 AM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

I am hoping to be there, but I am not sure I am going to have the car back together by then. I have all the stuff to do it at my house now.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007

I want to go, but I have no experience and my cars suspension is not even half way done...I only have springs. But I want to get started, just dont know if this is the right place. Can anyone tell me how the racing is there.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:26 PM
///m thrizzle

bring good doesnt mean anything... along wiht the mods on your car. The best thing for oyu to do is to stop worrying about your car not being ready and to just go out there how it is and get seat time. I know that it is a competition but as a newbie (actually forever) your focus should be on seat time and let your mods come later when you develope more as a driver. Dont let your car not being modded stop you from coming out.

It is very calm and relaxed at pungo. There is competition but mostly it is just a fun time. Go out there expecting to meet some people, push your car and learn its limits (assuing your a newbie). PUngo about the best place to start in the tidewater region. Just go out and watch at least. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:09 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Dittos on everything Trip said. Pungo is a good place for your first event. It is very low key, the course is technical, which means you have a good chance of learning quite a bit, and the speeds are fairly low so you will not get in over your head.

$$$'s spent on entry fees are more important than $$$'s spent on parts when it comes to making your car go fast. By you definition, they might be 2 or 3 cars that are "done" at any autocross.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:06 PM

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Trip, if I didn't know you were only 17 I would say it sounds like you have been doing this car thing for a while !!!

But seriously, what Trip said is right. Don't worry so much about the car for right now. On more than one occasion people have come out to one of the local events, both young and old, with cars that are fast (or just look fast), with little or no auto-x experience, expecting to do real well. Then they get all upset when a guy in a slightly modified Civic beats the crap out of them.

Just go out there, meet some people, and have a good time. Pretty much everybody is very approachable and can answer questions you may have or even take you for a ride.

BTW Trip, it seems like you have been spending quite a bit of time at VIR since you got your car, how are your tires doing ?!?!?!
Old 07-26-2003, 11:22 PM
///m thrizzle

yo im 18 bia bia

I have tons and tons of new learing to do with this car so I gotta "race" as often as possible (even though I havent that much recently) budgit permitting. This is the first VIR though. After this I can probably do 1 more autox before I go to school in SC and have to meet new people to race with (I love you guys!)

Quick Reply: Registration for Pungo on the 3rd is open.