Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

OK here is a way to loss a ton of headaches

Old 06-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec
Default OK here is a way to loss a ton of headaches

Today we raced at ACU4 on the little creek naval base. I heard a few of the spectators and military personal talk about people taking it apon themselves to repremand them for going too fast.

I know that this is a very big problem! So here is my solution: Go to a sign place and have signs made on corigated plastic saying"7MPH", and "Please drive slow".

People dont like to get jumped on when they think they have done no wrong. I talked to one woman who had a club member jump in her SHIT, and she was not happy. Well her take on it was she works there and had no problem with the speed she was going. If we want to keep these locatios on the up and up the clubs need to speek to the most stupid person. Make it as plain as day that there is a conser about speed in sertain areas.
And signs could make it happen, if someone blasts past a sign then you can jump in their crap. Also I know this club must have a few $$$$'s in the bank because they dont rent the sites they run at so putting out a few bucks would be cool.

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to see a little more sticking to the rules!!! I saw guys in a F340, Integra, Vipers and VW all get signed up or teched after the first heat had started and the integra was getting teched after the second heat was over.

My problem with this is that someone I know showed up late and they would not let him sign up. (He was already pre-registered)

Just make a dicision and stick to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by vbspec; 06-15-2003 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

I am not bashing let me get this out now!!!!!

I would gladly join a club that is putting forth the effort.

For those of you who bust your butt, have no attitude and ask for nothing in return (the Webers, Staples, and Chad) I say thanx.

But, it is tough for a realitavely new guy at this to get involved if he feels threatened, or that because he is new that his oppinion means nothing. I know its hard to handle things like peoples attitudes when a club is all volinteer, but using things like "SLOW SPEED"signs will take the power away from some of thse people who are not so people friendly.

TSCC has the best place to race in the ACU4 site I would like to see it packed every time we have the chance to run there so these are only me .02$

Michael
Red Nissan Sentra SpecV
STX
Old 06-15-2003, 07:32 PM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

Michael,

I have NO problem with what you've said. I honestly don't mind people offering suggestions or pointing out problems they see, I (and we for that matter) encourage it. We can't be every where at one time..

As for the signs, that's a very good idea. I have a vinyl plotter/cutter.. I'll make some up this or next week.

Another point I think you're dead on about, there does seem to be some gaps in the rule enforcement. I know one of the issues today was that Tom Bleh was out warming up his tires (which Tom should have DEFINATLY know better about) and when another person started doing it, he got his ass jumped and his complaint was "well, Tom was doing it". But like I said, it's really hard to police everything at once..

When did you're friend show up and not get signed up/teched? I'm courious about that. I think something I might do is come up with something, ON PAPER, ON THE WEBSITE about those type of rules.. I.E. (and this is definatly just an example) Tech will STOP at the beginning of 3rd Heat. Show up after that, enjoy spectating.

As always, PLEASE feel free to post or email me with suggestions about what you see wrong or what you see that can be improved. "YOU SUCK" emails will be deleted

Another thing I definatly have to do is make up another sensor cable before Aug's event. Manual timing today SUCKED. I have spare everything except cables, and that's what broke today.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

150PLUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Chad, I am impressed with your willingness to listen to new ideas to improve "The System". As a new AutoXer I want to first say that the race I attended yesterday was the nicest event I HAVE EVER SEEN! Even though it rained I was very impressed.
As for what VBSPEC said he is 100% on the mark. I was set up right next to the guy that got talked to for warming his tires after the first guy. He had the same concerns that have already been posted with parity of the rules. And it seems that this will be resolved with the signs.
The only thing I would add is that TSCC may think about having a workshop during these events aimed at the novice guys who are unsure and nervous on the track. After 3 events I am just now starting to feel comfortable enough to start working on "my driving" and not just working to stay on the course. As we all know learning to read the cones takes time. Most new guys do not know anyone to ask for advice from and just do not want to bother anyone else. I really believe you may get some new AutoXers and help some that are having trouble on course instead of saying over the PA "the white Integra is off course AGAIN".

Thanks again for a great location and top notch event.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:31 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

i wasn't there, but i think that if the vetrans are doing wrong things, then that issue should be address. the newbies look up to the vetrans, and follow what they do.

as for pit speed, what if you put staggered cones in the pit area to prevent cars from going fast?

as far as other rules, ppl just need to stick to 'em.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Thanx Chad. I'm glad to see a positive. quick responce.

I would like to know one quick thing, what do the local clubs do with the entrat fee's? I just ask because I would like to see the club pay for things like signs, ( so its not out of your pockett Chad).

Also I would like to know why TSCC dose not do a points series other than the winter series?

Michael
Old 06-17-2003, 09:23 AM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, this is going to be an uber post and I'll comment on a few things..

105PLUS: I'm always open to CONSTRUCTIVE comments. Like I said, we can't be everywhere at once. Just to give you a basic idea of what I do during an autocross, here was my sunday..

Show up, unpack car, get car teched.
Help with computer/sensor setup, whatever else needed.
Walk Course
Work timing/scoring 1st heat
Drive 2nd Heat (My favorite part)
Announce/work timing 3rd heat... Get VERY soaked attempting to fix cable
somewhat relax small 4th heat.

As you can see, very busy. As were most of the other "offical" (whatever that means) TSCC members. good, constructive comments allow me (or the others) too see what we missed or what is going wrong, can be improved, while we're doing other things.

Sorry about the white integra comment over the PA.. That was me, that's why they don't let me on the PA often. It wasen't announced, and it should have been. We started a new rule for novices. If they get lost, they can get a "guide" to show them the course (driving it) without losing timed runs. It really should have been announced. I think I might mention that to curtis or start having a real quick "novice" meeting after the drivers meets from now on and announce these things.. There are so many things that SHOULD be said at the drivers meeting that aren't (and not on purpose). Matter of fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'll make up a crib sheet for the drivers meeting plus maybe a flier for novices outlining the special considerations we make for them. Kind of like your workshop idea. ODR does several novice days on saturdays which is nice. We can't do that at ACU4, but we can do short meetings. We can definatly do (and have done) test and tune and noice schools at Fentress though.

VBSpec:

Lets see.. Ah yes, MONEY. The vinyl isn't that expensive. I get it for free because I do so much work for my friends shop, I'll just show up and do it

As for where it goes.. I've wondered that myself until I really sat down and thought about it. No, we don't pay site rental fees, which is nice. The down side, we carry x2 to x4 the amount of insurance other clubs carry, it's what the Navy requires. There are also lots of little consumables that get sucked up every event. To name a few, the carbon slips for timing, batteries, chauk, generator gas, etc. Then there are bigger ticket items, that wonderful new trailer we DESPERATELY needed, new loaner helmets we really needed. We bought a new laptop (that doesn't work, and is attempting to be corrected now), etc. Plus we have money in the bank.

Curtis really liked the speed limit sign. It's an excellent idea.

Dave: Yes, people just need to stick to the rules, ESPECIALLY the people that know them.

Okay, I think I covered everything. If not, post it again and I'll answer it.

Last edited by turbochad; 06-17-2003 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:14 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

I was the one who was told that I couldn't race.

I showed up late becasue it was raining when I woke up, so I went back too sleep. Then of course when I woke again it was sunny and dry.

I showed up during the last runs of the first heat and I was pre-registered for the 3rd heat. I went up to the trailer and I was told because I was late that I couldn't race. It didn't bother me at the time, I got to watch and keep my $20.

Then when I found out that the late comers who (even got there after me) were not only able to race but, they also stopped in between the 2nd and 3rd heat to allow them a pre-walk! I was pretty surprised and confused but, I guess it depends on who you talk to at registration. After it started raining I didn't feel so unlucky, but I do agree that everyone hosting the event should stick to the same rules, apply them to everyone and not have seperate rules for those they know.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:32 AM

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Axelerate
.....Then when I found out that the late comers who (even got there after me) were not only able to race but, they also stopped in between the 2nd and 3rd heat to allow them a pre-walk! I was pretty surprised and confused but, I guess it depends on who you talk to at registration.........
Although I definately agree with you that you should have been able to run since those who came after you were allowed to run, having a walk-thru between heats 2 & 3 is the norm at TSCC events.

But I do aree with what others have said that the rules should be formalized (or re-formalized as the case may be) so that everybody is on the same page of music.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:10 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been a TSCC member since a very long time ago. I have been where Chad is. I have been President a couple of times and been the person that takes care of everything. Sometimes the club has been large and sometimes it has been small. Now life is such that I seem to seldom get to events, so I try to relax and enjoy when I am there.

I have seen the same mistakes made over and over. Tom Stangler can tell you about timer cables. I have watched the club re-learn some simple things over and over.

Closing entry early really ticks people off at our events. I honestly can't see any reason whatsoever for it unless we are running out of daylight for the event. I heard huge complaints about it last sunday, and I apparently was not aware that the club was being inconsistent about it. That does really upset me and others.

I don't live close to our events, and I have commitments on most Sunday mornings. I can't get there at 8 AM. If that is a requirement I guess the few events I make I will miss those too.

We have TSCC rules (that I helped write) that say that the event registration is supposed to close when the first car of the last heat starts his first run, unless there is not adequate daylight to finish the event. We came up with that for lots of reasons, mostly that is what suited most local autocrossers.

Last edited by roadRacer; 06-22-2003 at 05:15 PM.