Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

ODR-SCCA Autocross at Pungo Aug 2nd

Old 08-04-2009, 03:13 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ODR-SCCA Autocross at Pungo Aug 2nd

Gotta lobe that pax . So should you chalk all tires or just a front and rear the. Match the other side? Funny o hear about people doing it but don't see it. I might just remeber my chalk for the 16th.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:15 AM
Registered member

sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr

No prob, Fairsluty Z, glad to have been of some help! Chalk all 4 tires. (You can use white shoe polish, too.) I like to chalk at 3 points on each tire, so at least one is easily visible. You'll chalk the edge of the tire, from maybe .5-1" of normal wear on your tread down to where the sidewall starts. (More is OK, but not really necessary. And hard to do if you ever put on tire shine- please don't tire shine; the tech guys hate that.) You want to be able to see what's happening to your tire during maximum weight transfer in a hard-gee corner. If your tires are underinflated, they'll deform and the tread can literally roll under the wheel so that you're driving on sidewall, which is not good for grip or for the life of your tires. Too much air, and they'll ball out, even under heavy load, and you won't get the grip you need. For autocross and track, too much air is better than too little, because the grip falls off less quickly on the high side than the low. Also, you won't be hurting your tires, and it's easier to bleed air than to set up a compressor and add more.
Originally Posted by quick26
yeah he took my third place. pesky pax
You'd be singing quite a different tune if you hadn't made those mods and were getting that generous FS PAX

Last edited by sjfehr; 08-04-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

Originally Posted by sjfehr
You'd be singing quite a different tune if you hadn't made those mods and were getting that generous FS PAX
that is beside the point

i have been chalking 4 spots on each wheel. my fronts are now to the top of the indicators, i think i might put more camber in it before the next event. my rear tires, i am down to 28lbs and they barely roll.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

The FS pax is not generous anymore, that's why I jumped to ESP, enough mods to make the car faster and over come the FS/ESP pax difference which isn't that much. Two years ago when I was a novice, I'd finish much higher up on the list becasue of the FS Pax. I can thank those super fast Shelby's for ruining it for us f body guys. (think Terry Baker's Shelby)
Old 08-04-2009, 12:44 PM
LOL@DrivenThugtards.

SSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to all

PAX IS FOR GIRLS
Old 08-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SSSupra
PAX IS FOR GIRLS
If I only had a fast car with an LS1 and fat tires like you I'd be fast too!

Duh! I do, must be the connection between the seat and the steering wheel then.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

glad that i am not the only one that feels this way.