Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

ODR-SCCA Autocross at Pungo Aug 2nd

Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Carolina Kracker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26
Default Re: ODR-SCCA Autocross at Pungo Aug 2nd

i am in.

the "driftwater" thing is where they rent the track out at black water and they do drift on one of them and then let you run the other as a normal track from what i have gathered. anyone that goes pays $125 even if you are not running. i guess black water is in a bind since they are going bankrupt.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:43 AM
Autocross.US

jimbalaya has disabled reputation

I'm in.

Originally Posted by comegetsome
what is the blackwater fever schedualed for the 30th? i tried searcing more about it but found nothing about it. just curious which one i want to do either the pungo or blackwater and what the difference was of the two.
This is actually a TSD rally, not an autocross. More info on TSD rally:
http://www.odr-scca.org/content/view/13/40/

Originally Posted by quick26
i am in.

the "driftwater" thing is where they rent the track out at black water and they do drift on one of them and then let you run the other as a normal track from what i have gathered. anyone that goes pays $125 even if you are not running. i guess black water is in a bind since they are going bankrupt.
I've never heard of anyone running on the track at blackwater other than local law enforcement agencies. TSCC and the local Mini clubs tried to secure a some events there a few years with no success. We (TSCC) did get a really nice tour of the facilities and track, which supports numerous configurations. It would be a great place for time trials, but some the runoff areas are not that great.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

Originally Posted by jimbalaya

I've never heard of anyone running on the track at blackwater other than local law enforcement agencies. TSCC and the local Mini clubs tried to secure a some events there a few years with no success. We (TSCC) did get a really nice tour of the facilities and track, which supports numerous configurations. It would be a great place for time trials, but some the runoff areas are not that great.
like i said, they are loosing money, so maybe you need to try again . they have managers day out there everynow and then where they allow a select number of managers (some of the guys i work with) to get instructed on defensive driving and such on the tracks. as far as renting the track, might want to talk to them again. https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...ght=driftwater
Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Autocross.US

jimbalaya has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by quick26
like i said, they are loosing money, so maybe you need to try again . they have managers day out there everynow and then where they allow a select number of managers (some of the guys i work with) to get instructed on defensive driving and such on the tracks. as far as renting the track, might want to talk to them again. https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...ght=driftwater
Thanks for the update. I'll pass this along. I think we still have a few contacts there, so maybe a track trial could happen.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:36 PM

Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz

Signed up for second heat. Cant wait!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Carolina Kracker

i paid for mine today. my poor tires are going to hate me.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:03 AM
Carolina Kracker

depending on how the heats fall, can i try to get someone with some experience to ride along with me?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:16 AM
Registered Member

comegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the rough

oh shit son just paid for my way in. i did the sts class according to the classing they provided that since all i had dont was the cold air intake i should be there in that class. cant wait to see you all there. so whats the directions or address? that would help to know where to go.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Carolina Kracker

do you know where the stop light is in pungo? or where pungo offroad is? its damn near right beside pungo offroad. there is a gate that goes in the woods and that is where it is. http://www.odr-scca.org/index.php?op...mid=66&mapId=1

what are you driving?

Last edited by quick26; 07-27-2009 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

comegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the rough

It's been years since I've been there. Thanks for the map I'm sure I'll find it or follow someone.

Quick Reply: ODR-SCCA Autocross at Pungo Aug 2nd