Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

NOVA Auto-X's?

Old 02-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOVA Auto-X's?

Im looking to get into auto cross, but I have not found any northern VA events. Could someone help me out? Or if anyone from NOVA is going to events in the South, id love a ride as my car is out of comission at present, and will be for awhile.

-Nate
Old 02-22-2003, 06:27 AM

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

Check www.autocross.com (or autox.com, I can't remember) for a list of clubs in your area and the surrounding area.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:41 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

pm ZoomZoomH on the board
Old 02-22-2003, 12:10 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

The Washington DC area is one of the autocross hotbeds. They have huge events. Many of their events don't allow novices and things like that. But there are also a great many clubs in the area. Here are the web sites of some of the ones I know:

Autocrossers Inc.
Metropolitan Washington Councel of SCC
Potomac Region Porsche Club
Washington DC Region SCCA

One of those will get you some information. I would check there the Metro Washington Counsel of Sports Car Clubs first. They have a hotline that always has upcomming event info available.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:27 PM
Banned

Banshee is an unknown quantity at this point

There is an autocross on the 9th of March at VMP. I'm driving down and a friend is racing as well. I'm in the Fairfax area. It may be possible to get a ride down with us if you want. This will be my first event.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:06 PM
spin baby spin

ZoomZoomH is an unknown quantity at this point

someone called my name?

actually all of the autcrosses in the DC region take place in Maryland. There are 3 locations close to Fairfax where they run the races. FedEx Field, Six Flags America, and Rosecroft Raceway.

All 3 are in PG County, so you need to cross Wilson Bridge or American Legion Bridge to get to them, but they are all really close, usuall it doesn't take me more than 1/2 hour to get to all 3 locations.

take a look at

http://www.autocrossers.org/

they keep an online calendar of all the events for the season (and online results too!)

here's the yahoo group bulletin board of the Metro Washington Council of Sports Car Clubs (MWCSCC) autocross mailing list.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mwcscc-ax/

The MWCSCC coordinates with the local autox clubs so that participating clubs can take turns hosting events, and make sure that the clubs don't host separate events on the same day.

And don't worry about being a n00b at the events. Just about EVERY event that's held during the season is open to everyone (non-club members, novices, etc.) Only the SCCA PRACTICE events are restricted to SCCA members, all the other ones are open events. Most of the organizers are well aware of novices and first-timers and will gladly answer questions for you. I know, because I just finished my first season last November and has learned A LOT from the vets

AIM or PM me if you have more questions

Last edited by ZoomZoomH; 02-22-2003 at 07:08 PM.