Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

New to the Tidewater/Richmond Area

Old 04-29-2003, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meade18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to the Tidewater/Richmond Area

Hey guys,
I'm not exactly a newbie at autocross, but I'm far from a veteran. But I am new to the Tidewater/Richmond area. Up until now, I've done all my car related events while at school (I go to Virginia Tech and belong to the Car Club of VT). The reason I say Tidewater/Richmond is because I actually live in Williamsburg, so I can go either way for events. Could you guys post some links to the car clubs (SCCA, etc.) in the area. I'm interested in going to as many events as I can afford this summer.

Also, I see from just reading a couple posts that there are a few other Spec V owners on here. I too drive a Spec V and I'm curoius what class you guys are in. So far I've only run in STS (BRR-SCCA doesn't do STX), but I'm thinking about taking my CAI off to run in our stock class. I'm thinking about doing this just cause STS is so saturated by ALL kinds of cars. I would kinda like to compete with cars more similar to mine, even though I'll be finishing much closer to the bottom. What do you guys think? All opinions welcome.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:13 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

trust me, that wasn't a long post. Welcome to the board, us autoxers are a good group of ppl (excluding me, heh).

the two spec V owners if you haven't noticed already are "vbspec" and "Axelerate." they, along w/ another guy w/ an SE-R are on our team, Team Grocery. web links are

www.odr-scca.org
www.vmsc.org

i need to get this damn webpage up......to those that don't know, i started another autox webpage. it's all about time
Old 04-29-2003, 10:07 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

welcome. im a boner. i mean loner.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:07 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Welcome!

There are some more Spec V's that occasionally run and most of them run D stock or STX. Vbspec and I both run in STX and we usually are the only two cars in it, unless we go to Richmond where there is more competition.

Good to see another Sentra and just ask if you have anymore questions or need any help with Spec stuff.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:15 AM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Hampton. Welcome, I have prenty much given up autocrossing for trackdays at this time. I also drive a Nissan. But it is a slow 98 Sentra SE.

Last edited by 98sr20ve; 04-30-2003 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:02 AM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

You will have a lot of competition in sts/x, there are a lot of fast drivers in this regon. Best of luck to you. We have a good group of people that come out to the autoxs around here. I am Trip and following sr20ve's path with trying to do more track days but I have to go out to autoxs this summer cause I need to learn how to drive this car i just bought...
White 95 M3.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:40 AM
Master of the 6speed

specV33 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey man. good to see another spec V autocrosser. I autocross with VMSC and will probably run some events down in the tidewater area. My car is bone stock, except I run some lightweight wheels and r-compounds tires for autocrossing. I run in D stock.

VMSC runs at Virginia Motorsports Park and Cloverleaf Mall. ODR runs at Pungo airbase. There is also the Tidewater Sports Car Club. They run at Fentress and ACU-4. http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/

welcome to the board.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:40 AM
Egz
Registered Member

Egz is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool. I'm an alumni to Tech, and I still go there a lot since my girlfriend goes there. (In fact, I'll be back there next weekend for her brother's graduation).

I do all most of my runs with the VMSC. Its a great crowd. Hope to see you at some events.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:47 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

Originally posted by 98sr20ve
I also drive a Nissan. But it is a slow 98 Sentra SE.

Originally posted by specV33
hey man. good to see another spec V autocrosser. [/url]
sorry dave, i forgot about you. it was late and i was just thinking ODR. jesus, there's spec V's everywhere. ahhhh!
Old 04-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Thats right SpecV's everywhere.

Quick Reply: New to the Tidewater/Richmond Area