Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

NASA Circuitcross #1 Feb.21st @ VIR

Old 01-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec
Default Re: NASA Circuitcross #1 Feb.21st @ VIR

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Because right now the engine is about 5 times as fast as the suspension, and that just seems like a bad idea for running all out on a track. Also, my two lifters that were took a few seconds to pump in the morning now appear to be getting much worse very quickly. I have new ones on the way but who knows when I'll have them in. We'll see. If I make it, it'll be a later entry.
Not to sound like a dick but you say that your engine is "faster" than you suspension and then say you are having engine problems. So how dose one have an engine that is faster than his or her suspension and can you have suspension that is faster than the engine. Then in all of that where dose the driver come into play.....

What I'm really saying is that if you car is safe enough to drive on the street is safe and fast enough to drive on track. You will actually learn more about driving when in a car that is less than perfect. Someone starting off with a fully prepped race car on the stickiest tires will jump in that car and could be quick. But, he will learn more if he had started in a more basic setup car on el chepo street tires. Learning how to get more from the car with less of a car makes the driver better. And each modification be a more noticeable improvement in time and speed because you have developed into a quick driver not just a guy with a quick car.

Hope you can make it if you haven't been yet Jon and the rest of the NASA guys and gals put on 1 awesome event. Circutcross or over with us on the full track they are the best!!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:34 PM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: NASA Circuitcross #1 Feb.21st @ VIR

Originally Posted by vbspec
Not to sound like a dick but you say that your engine is "faster" than you suspension and then say you are having engine problems.
Well as of now the the 2 bad lifters eventually pump up, but I have to let it idle like 3 minutes before I pull out of the garage. This is a big change from few seconds of only a little while ago, so I'd rather not race on it.

As far as the engine being faster than the suspension...consider that this is a 1985 Mercedes S-Class chassis.