VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Twisties (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/)
-   -   looking for help on my honda build (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/looking-help-my-honda-build-415123/)

egkid757 10-06-2011 12:26 PM

looking for help on my honda build

i am planning on building a fully built boosted d series swap. im just looking for pointers, opinions (not dickhead comments. i could care less how you feel about my build.) like i said before, i want a fully built boosted d series. so any help you have to offer is greatly appreciated. thanks for reading

Lord Humongous 10-06-2011 02:21 PM

Re: looking for help on my honda build

Originally Posted by egkid757 (Post 7394826)
i am planning on building a fully built boosted d series swap. im just looking for pointers, opinions (not dickhead comments. i could care less how you feel about my build.) like i said before, i want a fully built boosted d series. so any help you have to offer is greatly appreciated. thanks for reading

Log out
Go to Honda-Tech

kmcormick9 10-07-2011 10:06 AM

What is this going in and what are your goals? What type of driving will you be doing?

egkid757 10-10-2011 07:21 AM

ill be building a d series. fully built and boosted on 10-18 pounds. it might go in my daily but if money is ok, i might buy another shell just for like the weekends and track. im looking for it to be somewhat reliable but i know how things go with boosted cars. what block and head should i start with?

Fobby 10-10-2011 07:59 AM

PM Gene.

white97dsm 10-11-2011 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by egkid757 (Post 7401932)
i might buy another shell just for like the weekends and track.

What track? AutoX/HPDE? Drag Racing? Details.....

If your going with AutoX/HPDE, leave it stock, learn how to drive, get some seat time, and start upgrading the brakes/suspension/tires. Drag racing....no idea.

hondaslutt 10-11-2011 10:38 AM

my opinion. dont waste your money with the dseries. youll get more power out of a b___ (your choice). and you can run less boost therefore being more reliable. :)

SleepySOHC 10-11-2011 05:35 PM

look on dseries.org
z6 fully built boosted 400hp. they got the threads and dyno numbers

hiyoLS 10-12-2011 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by egkid757 (Post 7394826)

Ls block, Gsr/Itr/b16 head, honestly do yourself a favor and go B-series, before you make the mistake of sinking money into a motor that will spin bearings and make the horsepower on 18 psi that a built b-series would on 9.

hondaslutt 10-12-2011 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by hiyoLS (Post 7405773)
Ls block, Gsr/Itr/b16 head, honestly do yourself a favor and go B-series, before you make the mistake of sinking money into a motor that will spin bearings and make the horsepower on 18 psi that a built b-series would on 9.

exactly what i said. but worded so much better that im glad you restated it lol.