Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

how to start

Old 01-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seye is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how to start

me and my friend really want to get into auto-x.....what do we need to do to get started? Any help would be great!!
Old 01-21-2003, 10:58 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

The next event is February 9th(I think) at the Pungo feild. There will be a thread started soon, probably this weekend, giving the link for pre-registration. Go ahead and pre-register for the event preferabley with a number 16 and up so you can watch at least the first heat (15 car heats).

Then when the 9th comes, just get there around 8:30, bring a chair and a lunch and don't forget to increase your tire pressure. Take all loose items out of your car including front floor mats and get your car tech inspected and oh pay the $20.

Feel free to ask anyone for tips at the event and everyone is pretty freindly and willing to help. I think that covers most of it. If you have any other questions just ask!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

what he said. i dont think ill be able to run though..but ill be there from the sidelines..just ask for help....we are more than happy to help(god now i sound like a sales associate at wal-mart)
Old 01-21-2003, 01:12 PM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

seriously you just gotta come out... dress warmly if it is cold because it gets chilly out there. There may be ufn runs which are held at the end of the days and those are just runs for fun but they cost money so bring like 20 for fee, 5 for fun runs, 10 for food, and change to get tire pressures and you should be completely set.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Cool thanks...i dont know if im gonna run though...maybe a fun run, i want to wait till i get my motor first, my car is too slow (stock cx)...i should get my motor sometime in early march(unless i get a loan), i dont know where pungo feild is though, maybe someone can meet up with me before hand and show me....thanks again
Old 01-22-2003, 02:38 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

You realy don't need a fast car to compete. It's mostly about driver skill and how well you car handles. Remember that you be put in a specific car class according to your mods and car type.

Really a good set of tires will help you out more than a new engine.

Last edited by Axelerate; 01-22-2003 at 03:59 AM.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:57 AM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by slowhatch
Cool thanks...i dont know if im gonna run though...maybe a fun run, i want to wait till i get my motor first, my car is too slow (stock cx)...i should get my motor sometime in early march(unless i get a loan), i dont know where pungo feild is though, maybe someone can meet up with me before hand and show me....thanks again
Basically, your car will do much better stock then it will with a engine swap. Right now you will be stock and will be given a huge pax. With the engine swap you will be in Street Mod and competing against cars that have a ton of mods. There is only on fully developed Street Mod car around here and it just went into a retirement (don't know how long).
Old 01-22-2003, 06:57 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

yes, you would be running w/ a lightweight, stripped BMW 325, w/ a new M3 motor (350 hp), on street tires, a tuned suspension, and proabably the best driver you can get for it. so if you're worried about be competitive, after the motor swap, you'll need a lot more to be. if you're just worried about having fun w/ your car, then the more power the better
Old 01-22-2003, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

well for now i want to have fun, but im getting a crx (soon) that im gonna use for fun stuff and im using my hatch for racing....thats why im getting a swap...
Old 01-22-2003, 10:56 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

shit, just show-up swap or no swap.

Quick Reply: how to start