Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

How much torque is too much?- Project LSX-7

Old 06-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: How much torque is too much?- Project LSX-7

Originally Posted by Homemade WRX
with gobs of low end torque!!
Maybe compared to a rotary... however LSX motors aren't known for killer low end, they really haul for 3500 and up.

How much does a swapped RX-7 weight in at? My car is barely over 3000 lbs w/o any tricks.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:56 AM
you put what, where?

su_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these parts

A little over 2700lbs for the FD
Old 06-19-2006, 12:10 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

take a look at zilvia.net/f

and try to find henson super cars they sell a whole kit to put this motor into an rx7 and an s14
Old 06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
you put what, where?

su_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these parts

www.hinsonsupercars.com

they do a drop in for FC/FD/S13/S14
Old 06-19-2006, 12:37 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

nice swap neil. you gotta update us on jdmsc. when we have the next jdm meet, i want to do a photoshoot of the lsx-7 when its done.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

You know neal at first I wasnt for the swap but I see what your goal is now and I am all in good luck on the rest of the swap and I cant wait to see th beast in person.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan

Holey crap Neal!!! that's pretty kickass.... Now, you just gotta sell your old motor to me for the FB!! hehe...
Old 06-20-2006, 01:03 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Your gonna need a strong diff, and big tires. I'm not sure how the RX-7 drivetrain will hold up, but I assume you have put that into consideration.

Reliability is the key to a fun track car, and good brakes.

As long as you have the tire to put it to the ground the torque will be fine. I wouldnt go crazy with the power mods until you get comfortable driving it at the track.

I would do the following in order:

Big brakes
Big tires
strong diff
suspension ( if you feel you need to change it)

Dont forget about safety items either, like roll cage, seats, harnesses.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:21 PM
you put what, where?

I already have the suspension down... the stock dif can hold up for now until I get the Kaaz, have 245/35/18 meat on the front and 285/30/18 on the rear, going with slotted rotors and hawk pads..
Old 06-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Maybe compared to a rotary... however LSX motors aren't known for killer low end, they really haul for 3500 and up.
yeah but ANY V-8 will have more tq @ idle than a rotary will have @ 3500k

the sheer low end (by comparison) power of the LSX compared to the wankel mill will completely change the persona of the fd.

the swap should be sick when tuned well. even if it's good for 450hp/400tq it'd smoke 80% of the rx7's on the road let alone most c5's.

Quick Reply: How much torque is too much?- Project LSX-7