Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

How much torque is too much?- Project LSX-7

Old 06-15-2006, 02:00 PM
you put what, where?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
su_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these parts
Default How much torque is too much?- Project LSX-7

Ok, so Ive been trying to find a setup that Im comfortable to beat he hell out of with my FD.
First it was custom twins. They had a great power curve but the nast 4.5k transition would always throw the balance off in the car
Second was a TO4R single kit. Great power and not much lag but then you fall into the whole "when is the rotary going to go boom" and tuning nightmare.

So, now comes japan chassis and suspension design with good ol american redneck power

This was the car before the madness

Now

Removing the old powerplant

Bare Bay

New fun! - engine out of a Vette

Car As It Is Now

Attempting To Clean The Bay

Engine Build Time

Last edited by su_maverick; 06-15-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:02 PM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER
Default Re: How much torque is too much?- Project LSX-7

some of the pics aren't working. pretty car though
Old 06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
you put what, where?

su_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these parts

fixed the links
Old 06-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

ok so is the question: how much torque? the car looks amazing. the torque depends on what you are doing with the car
Old 06-15-2006, 02:35 PM
you put what, where?

Track, AutoX and my weak attempt at drifting lol

estimated power 430whp 400+ wtq
Old 06-15-2006, 03:00 PM
you put what, where?

And yes there is a reason I posted it here. Since this car will be set up for corner carving I will be needing some advice from everyone as to the setup..
Old 06-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

looks sick. reminds me of the LS1 powered fd that was in the last USCC competition. gonna need alot of suspension work. what do you have already as far as suspension and drivetrain? i don't think that mazda rear end will hold for long with that gm slug in there.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

well if your doing auto x or drifting or any other track type sport, its mainly in suspension. i see you have coilovers and a front strut tower bar. is there any thing else suspension wise you have.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Banned

skott is an unknown quantity at this point

I think i jus made a mess in my pants.... lol... Want to see some vids in the future if not a ride along.... lol...
Old 06-15-2006, 07:33 PM
WisH i HaD MoNeY

dirtnyurface has disabled reputation

whad ya do with the old engine?

Quick Reply: How much torque is too much?- Project LSX-7