Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

how do i get involved with the events held at Little Creek ?

Old 06-24-2003, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S13wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how do i get involved with the events held at Little Creek ?

I've browsed through this forum a few times, and have read the posts about the events at Little Creek. I'm interested in doing some autocrossing this summer, and would like more info about what goes on there, like a full run down on when the events are held, how i register, how i can get a list of rules and so on and so forth. I'm new to autocrossing, have never done it or been to an event, so I really do need the info. I'm moving to the 757 area at the end of this week.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-24-2003, 08:05 AM

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

The local auto-x club that runs at Little Creek is Tidewater Sportscar Club. You can find all the info you need at www.tidewatersportscarclub.com.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:48 PM

cosmosM3 is an unknown quantity at this point

James

The picture looks good with Mike's sticker. How was the race. Are you going to do any more pro events. If so, we should think about driving together and using one car.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:43 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how do i get involved with the events held at Little Creek ?

Originally posted by S13wannabe
I've browsed through this forum a few times, and have read the posts about the events at Little Creek. I'm interested in doing some autocrossing this summer, and would like more info about what goes on there, like a full run down on when the events are held, how i register, how i can get a list of rules and so on and so forth.
Mike, Go to theTidewater Sports Car Club web site. It has an access list. send an email to request to have your name put on that list. Even if you only want to so spectate, you have to be on that list to get on the event site. Do that first, and do it pleanty of time before the event. The rest of the process is to just show up.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:53 PM

Well lets just say that DC was the best time I had getting my butt kicked !!!

I raced against 3 other 95 M3s in BSP and there were 2 others in SM. With exception of one of the drivers, who I think I could have beat if I had my head screwed on straight, they were all, and I hate to say this, out of my league, for now anyway . I say that because all our cars were very similar in terms of mods yet they drove a hell of a lot beter than I did.

I am glad that I am just about done modding my car so the "lure" of new performance mods can be replaced by concentrating on driving (which is something I always knew anyway).

And would I do any more pro events? Hell yeah!! Too bad the next one that will be somewhat close is not for almost a year. But I think I will be going up to some more DC local events in the future. The terrain at FEDEX field is something I have never run on before and would like to do it again.

It is funny you mentioned the co-driver thing. I mentioned to Ron up at DC that if I were his co-driver (aka tire warmer) he might have done better , and he actually would have probably gone for it had I thought of it sooner!!

Oh and BTW, I was finally able to source a 3.38 diff so now I can REALLY concentrate on driving !!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 08:49 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

there goes the thread...

very cool james. it's all about the fun, and i'm pretty sure it's kinda hard not to have fun in an m3.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:06 PM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

Ill be a bitch and drive your car jerry and or james.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:01 AM

cosmosM3 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is an idea, Trip. I may have some R- rated Kumhos for sale for you. But first you have to show me proof of age, they are r-rated you know. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:14 AM

Originally posted by cosmosM3
That is an idea, Trip. I may have some R- rated Kumhos for sale for you. But first you have to show me proof of age, they are r-rated you know. Let me know if you are interested.
Now why would you be willing to sell your Khumo's, Jerry, there should be plenty of life left in them !?!?!?!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:52 AM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

James shut your mouth!

JERRY GIMME! GIMME!

Quick Reply: how do i get involved with the events held at Little Creek ?