Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Driftwater 6.1 4/25/10

Old 04-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
solareon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Driftwater 6.1 4/25/10

looks like your domain expired.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

I missed the first one, i'm missing this one, by god I will make the next one. Just as long as I can keep at least one piece of shit running.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Grandmasterlarr has disabled reputation

awww to bad i missed this one...
Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 AM
JUST SAYIN...WHAT!?

THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER

you still have today to sign up and get me your credentials
Old 04-25-2010, 02:27 PM
JUST SAYIN...WHAT!?

THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER

thanks to every one who came out and helped make the event happen. i hope you all had an awesome tine.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

93celicaowner has disabled reputation

was awesome
Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

review i posted on autocross.us

Ok so this event was yesterday and i know someone on here wanted a review of the event.

First Ill post about basically how the schedule throughout the day worked:

7AM: All drivers start meeting at NC border station, have small driver's meeting
8AM: Leave border station and head to the facility
Personnel at gate checks everyone's name against the list they have of participants
8:30AM: Walked course (clockwise, same way it is run), and swept any debris off of the track
9AM-12PM: Driver's meeting
On track
12PM: Lunch break at the chow hall on the facility ($8.00 all you can eat)
1PM-4PM: On Track
4PM: Track closed
5PM: All drivers/crew must be off facility

Track Specs:
We were stuck running the small track until about 2:30, then they opened the rest of the track and we were able to run the rest of the day on that.

Small track:
1.1mi. long
13 turns ranging from off camber, elevation change, S's, and a long sweeper

Long track:
About 2mi. long
not sure on the turns on this one. i only took a few laps and really didnt count. I was already pretty much done by the time they opened the large track.

Driving:

There were no heats, everyone just lined up, and went one car at a time.
When the next person in line felt it was safe to go, they went. (it was outlined in the driver's meeting to use your discretion on this)
There are no track workers for this event.
There is no limit on laps. If you wanted to, you could sit out there all day and run without stopping.
The drivers are responsible for notifying the event organizers if there is a disabled car on track.
There are like 5 or 6 runoff areas, spread throughout the course, in case you're having an issue.
Passing is allowed, as long as you are waived by by the person in front.
I was in third pretty much all of the small track, getting into 4th in the long sweeper on the back side of the course
On the third track i had to use 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear
I reached about 65MPH (1995 240sx, stock motor) on the short course and around 85mph on the long course (straight away).

Overall opinion:
I had a blast at this event. There was only about 15 drivers there so the track time was really unlimited. I probably drove around 20 laps throughout the day but I know some of the guys out there easily ran 40-50 laps from beginning to end. To participate here you definitely have to be a responsible driver and respect everyone on course. Everyone that was out there yesterday was really great, from the drifters to the grip guys. It is preached in the driver's meetings to have pay attention, don't try to show off, and just have a good time, and it definitely rubbed off on everyone judging by their driving. Driftwater is really an event for anyone. I mean there was everything out there yesterday from a fully built, time attack Mitsubishi EVO, to my fiance's (who has never attended a track event in her life) stock Scion TC with some Tien springs (she had a blast), to a Mazda Protege wagon. I highly recommend these events to anyone who has an interest in driving on a track, getting extra seat time for road racing events, or just looking for something fun to do on a weekend.

If anyone has any more questions feel free to ask

and follow up with future events on here
Driftwater Facebook group
Old 04-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Great review
Old 04-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Fuckk, I heard it was awesome as usual. I need to finish the damn car!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

yeah they opened the big track up at about 2:30 haha. i was already pretty much done by then but ran a few laps anyway.

Quick Reply: Driftwater 6.1 4/25/10