Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Did I miss results from TSCC 6/20?

Old 06-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Registered Loser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maxQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did I miss results from TSCC 6/20?

Or are they still forthcoming? Thanks!

Andy
Old 06-30-2004, 11:18 AM
"Without Limit"

00lude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Did I miss results from TSCC 6/20?

Originally Posted by maxQ
Or are they still forthcoming? Thanks!

Andy
I don't think they have been posted yet. Hopefully they will be posted soon.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:07 PM

beach_XD_ is an unknown quantity at this point

i've been checking daily. that and the results from the winter 4.5
Old 07-01-2004, 04:42 AM
Rotors

JT-SPD JT-SPD JT-SPD JT-SPD

from what ive gathered from the e-mails, they are discussing what to do with the problem of companies looking up results from auto-x's and denying insurance claims or warrantees. Could be something else though.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Mad Scientist

WRXRacer111 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure how hard this would be to implement... would it be possible to allow open web access to a results file that doesn't list vehicle type, and have a separate results file which includes vehicle type available only to drivers by using their "registration removal" password? I'm not on any of the email lists, so pass that on if you think that might work.

Last edited by WRXRacer111; 07-01-2004 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:35 AM

beach_XD_ is an unknown quantity at this point

warrentees????? you guys have warrantees?? i think i've voided all of mine except for the paint.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz

all my warranties were gone about 20years ago. I think its rediculous to advertise a vehicle as a sports car and then void the warranty because a person uses it for what it was advertised to do. If it breaks on the race track then the car was not performing as it was built according to the advertisements. Racing success sells sports cars so why void a warranty becuase a person buys a sports car and goes racing.

8k rpm clutch drops on the street and riding 2nd gear all day on the interstate= warranteed fix

going auto-xing for a day with maybe a total of 4 minutes of driving at low speeds= void warranty and insurance may drop you.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Autocross.US

jimbalaya has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JT-SPD
from what ive gathered from the e-mails, they are discussing what to do with the problem of companies looking up results from auto-x's and denying insurance claims or warrantees.
Yeah, i was following this yesterday too. I think they should post a little disclaimer on the registration form making people aware that this may happen. Then people who care can just register w/ an alias, a middle name, or first name initial.

I think password protecting results is bad too. Just configure a robots.txt file on the web server and the search engines won't index the directory where the results reside.

I hope they don't change anything about the way results are posted. Now where are they already
Old 07-02-2004, 12:55 AM

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

When did this issue come about and how many people are affected by this? Seems like some real crap to me.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:41 AM
Mad Scientist

WRXRacer111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmciver
When did this issue come about and how many people are affected by this? Seems like some real crap to me.
Well, a while back there were stories of people up north getting their Progressive insurance pulled because the local agents cross-referenced autox results with their client database. I might be screwing up the details (and probably am) but I believe said policyholders were dropped immediately. Note, they were dropped without having tried to make a claim to repair autocross related damage.

More personally, my best friend's GS-R was backed into at a Walmart parking lot. When the car was taken to the bodyshop for repairs, the insurance adjuster saw the rollbar in it and immediately dropped not only my friend, but his whole family. The car had been autocrossed twice, and had never been driven on track.

The thing that's come up to everyone's attention recently was Mitsubishi placing an autocrosser's warranty on restriction the day after event results were published showing the results of them autocrossing their Evo. That person grenaded a whole bunch of stuff, and was told that it wouldn't be covered because his warranty was already on restriction. If Mitsubishi had deemed the damage "abuse" and refused to cover it, I think it wouldn't have gotten quite as much attention as it is because the warranty was restricted BEFORE he tried to make a claim.

Hence why a lot of people aren't too keen on attaching their name clearly to the insured vehicle they autocross, regardless of whether or not they try to file an insurance or warranty claim.

Quick Reply: Did I miss results from TSCC 6/20?