Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

crash course in autoX

Old 01-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Friendly Jackboot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80
Default crash course in autoX

so pretty much i have no idea what it is (im assuming its like time attack?) , nor i do i know the specs you need have to enter in all these autox events i keep hearing about. anyone shed some light for me...
Old 01-27-2007, 08:29 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: crash course in autoX

It is a course made of cones w/ different gates. You have to make it through all the gates as fast as possible. Usually it is mainly a 1st gear course w/ a little bit of second gear. The best set up for it is a stock motor w/ suspension and break upgreads and high horsepower usually doesn't help you - because of how tight the courses are set up.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

ok cool so its pretty much like a checkpoint type deal...as far as participating in like events and shit, what does the car have to have done to it (i.e. cage, etc) Also is that the same as autocross?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

You can do AutoX in a completely stock car...it is actually more fun in a completely stock car. Events are usually in a large parkinglot area, vs on a track. You need a helmet, but they usually have some rentals available at events.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Friendly Jackboot

last one steve i promise lol, how much $$ is it
Old 01-27-2007, 02:29 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

$20 for usually 4 runs. NASA events may cost more, but you get more runs and they usually have higher mph courses. Most local events are 2nd gear for me and usaually top out around 60mph.

Do a couple of google searches for auto-x and you will get some more explanation and watch some in car vids.

You dont need any mods. Tires are the most important part, suspensnion next, then maybe brakes and HP mods should be the least important. Keep in mind the mods you have the high the class you will fall in.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Autocross Hack

Ed94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Axelerate
$20 for usually 4 runs. NASA events may cost more, but you get more runs and they usually have higher mph courses. Most local events are 2nd gear for me and usaually top out around 60mph.

Do a couple of google searches for auto-x and you will get some more explanation and watch some in car vids.

You dont need any mods. Tires are the most important part, suspensnion next, then maybe brakes and HP mods should be the least important. Keep in mind the mods you have the high the class you will fall in.

Ditto. If you do it once, you'll be hooked. This is a great area for autocross and roadrace junkies. You'd never know it, cuz it's kinda underground..but there are TONS of fast cars and fast drivers in this area alone.

Air up the tires to about 40 psi, show up early, and Run. That's it!
Old 01-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Friendly Jackboot

Originally Posted by Ed94R
Ditto. If you do it once, you'll be hooked. This is a great area for autocross and roadrace junkies. You'd never know it, cuz it's kinda underground..but there are TONS of fast cars and fast drivers in this area alone.

Air up the tires to about 40 psi, show up early, and Run. That's it!
well you guys sold me, im gonna give it a shot when i get back in may
Old 01-28-2007, 10:07 PM
7FIVE7

jstabb1 can only hope to improve

I've been thinking about doing this for a while. Is there a certain kind of set-up you need?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Friendly Jackboot

Originally Posted by Axelerate

Quick Reply: crash course in autoX