Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

auto cross turbo or supercharger

Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Carolina Kracker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26
Default Re: auto cross turbo or supercharger

Originally Posted by vbspec
If your on street tires then yes.
i am going to slicks. the car falls in C prepared already.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:48 AM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

Originally Posted by quick26
so should i leave my slow stang NA? i am still working the kinks out of my coil overs and front geometry.
so when you say slow...thats like what 350hp? Haha but you are in CP so you can basically do whatever you can afford.

PS. buy slicks.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

I dont think CP allows for boost.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Originally Posted by bumada
so when you say slow...thats like what 350hp? Haha but you are in CP so you can basically do whatever you can afford.

PS. buy slicks.
Race tires should be purchased when you are really getting all you can out of the car as it sits today. If a more experienced driver can get into your car and beat you by more than a second what is the point of race tire. All they will do is hide your mistakes and not make you correct them. Plus they are expensive!!!! R Comps when your not ready is truly $'s to dust.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

Originally Posted by bumada

PS. buy slicks.
maybe at the crank. its only putting 267 and 294 to the wheels, its not getting enough air.

i have a set of take off NT01s that were donated that i plan to use at the end of the season or i might wait till the start of next year.

I dont think CP allows for boost.
i dont know. if not i might just build another motor. its not a dedicated autocross car.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Carolina Kracker

Race tires should be purchased when you are really getting all you can out of the car as it sits today. If a more experienced driver can get into your car and beat you by more than a second what is the point of race tire. All they will do is hide your mistakes and not make you correct them. Plus they are expensive!!!! R Comps when your not ready is truly $'s to dust.
at this point, i need stiffer coils for my car and an adjustable rear sway bar. i was told what i need, i just need to come off the money now.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Again you really don't need any of that if a more experienced driver can jump in your car and beat you by more than a second.

Everyone should know that the SCCA rule book is on line and in less than 5 min you should be able to get your classing or build questions answered. Remember if it dose not say you can do it then you cant!!!

http://cms.scca.com/documents/Solo_R...Solo_Rules.pdf
Old 08-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Carolina Kracker

well i guess i need to stick someone in there. based on the ride along and what people were telling me and how the car was driving, i was getting way to much body roll. the street tires are at their limits, i know i have not learned the art of autocrossing yet but since i am in that class i might as well use it to my benifit. i dont want to go to slicks just yet as i feel i can still go faster on the street tires by imporving my self and tweaking the car.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

You will learn much more at this stage while on street tires. And you wont have the pain in the wallet when you have to replace a corded tire. Also NT01's are not a tire that is going to make you much faster than a good street tire. Anyway best of luck.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Carolina Kracker

You will learn much more at this stage while on street tires. And you wont have the pain in the wallet when you have to replace a corded tire. Also NT01's are not a tire that is going to make you much faster than a good street tire. Anyway best of luck.
they were free. they feel hard, unless they soften up a ton when they get hot.

Quick Reply: auto cross turbo or supercharger