Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

any7 one do any kart racing?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:14 AM
MARK IT ZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: any7 one do any kart racing?

Sweet thanks man.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:22 PM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

no prob and if you are interested in dirt track racing www.vakarting.com were are you located at?
Old 01-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by ufctapout
Also, if anyone have a link that breaks down the different classes, please post it.
Most sanctioned races will use WKA rules:

http://www.worldkarting.com/
Old 01-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Here's a video I found of the track I usually race at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_kb_-2x6Uo

I think someone has some videos of us racing. I'll try to find them. We run a couple seconds faster laps than that race from what I remember.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Registered member

ppayer38 has disabled reputation

The place that is the closest to you is a friend of mine David Stallings and he is out of Hampton, VA he doesnt have a kart shop persay but he does build his own motors and do his own tires and he can give you the run through no problem at all. Like i said i can hook you up with many different people depending on what kind of money you are looking to spend. As far as pulling up with just a pick-up truck i know state Champs that do that and me and my father did it for my 1st 2 years then we moved to a Flat Bed trailer then to an Enclosed trailer. A saying that you will hear alot is Speed cost money...How fast do you want to go? and it is the truth haha. PM if you have any questions about any type of karts or anything you need to know. Ive raced at most track from SC to VA and have raced dirt/asphalt road course and oval so i can help you out either way and show you a great kart shop or just get you started and help you figure things out.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:25 AM
On One Wheel

started building the dirt track up at my farm yesterday with the amount of land im using to build this it should be a very fast track(oval) track is going to be about 400 feet long and the corners are about 125-130 feet wide (corners shoud have some decent banking as well) so u get the picture, next weekend will be cutting the track hopefully depending on weather and possibly bringing in the clay for the top layer of track
Old 01-17-2010, 07:17 AM
On One Wheel

www.grasspass.org
Old 01-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sprayedcivic
started building the dirt track up at my farm yesterday with the amount of land im using to build this it should be a very fast track(oval) track is going to be about 400 feet long and the corners are about 125-130 feet wide (corners shoud have some decent banking as well) so u get the picture, next weekend will be cutting the track hopefully depending on weather and possibly bringing in the clay for the top layer of track
Sweet! Pics?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:50 AM
On One Wheel

nothin much to look at yet just bush hogged the fiels and removed some trees and cleared a area for parking next weekend we are cuttin the ground and buildin the base and banking so ill strt takin pics next weekend did u check out grasspass.org?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

Originally Posted by ppayer38
The place that is the closest to you is a friend of mine David Stallings and he is out of Hampton, VA he doesnt have a kart shop persay but he does build his own motors and do his own tires and he can give you the run through no problem at all. Like i said i can hook you up with many different people depending on what kind of money you are looking to spend. As far as pulling up with just a pick-up truck i know state Champs that do that and me and my father did it for my 1st 2 years then we moved to a Flat Bed trailer then to an Enclosed trailer. A saying that you will hear alot is Speed cost money...How fast do you want to go? and it is the truth haha. PM if you have any questions about any type of karts or anything you need to know. Ive raced at most track from SC to VA and have raced dirt/asphalt road course and oval so i can help you out either way and show you a great kart shop or just get you started and help you figure things out.
i know david. he has been in it a long time.