Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

any7 one do any kart racing?

Old 01-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ppayer38 has disabled reputation
Default Re: any7 one do any kart racing?

REALLY? haha Tell her she is aloud to ride also haha
Old 01-11-2010, 02:00 PM
98dc2teg

swif_T_11 has disabled reputation

call capital city speedway in richmond va located off rt 1 sure someone there can direct you in the right way if your looking to do dirt track racing. i used to race for years but got to expensive an got into different hobby
Old 01-11-2010, 03:27 PM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by vbspec
So there is a kart track on Ft. Eustis that for $20 you get to bring your own cart and run all day?????

Scratches head and wonders if I can squize kart into garage next to racecar?????
yeah i believe it is for less than 20 atleast it use to be(i was paying like 10 about 3-4 years ago

Originally Posted by ppayer38
Yes Sir there is! There rental kart track they have on base lets people come out on Saturday and Sunday and play around for $20 from 8-12 or something like that haha. Do it cant ever have enough racing
the run the track backwards(from top of pic leave pits and go counter clockwise) from the way the rental karts run it and in all honesty it is not a bad course at all decent straight away and several nice s curves

here is a aerial view of the track

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...03439&t=h&z=18

Last edited by sprayedcivic; 01-11-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

How dose a civilian get on base to do this?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM
On One Wheel

when u pull on base just tell the mp you are going to the gokart track and thenthey will give you a visitors pass and u would be good to go
you will need id for u and everyone who is with you over 16 and registration and proof of insurance

Last edited by sprayedcivic; 01-11-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

We've been racing karts for the past 20 years. We race on a dirt oval though. No road tracks close enough to here to make it worth going. Our karts have 100cc two stroke engines that put out about 38-40 hp out of the box, and a little over 50hp after we mod them.

Here's a couple shots of us in action. The green kart is me. The white #45 is my dad.

One time they had a race at an old stadium and we raced on the flat running track around it. That was crazy. I think in my race there like 25 of us out there.

We used to race enduro karts on the Nascar tracks. I remember racing at Charlotte, Rockingham, and the championships were at Daytona. I started back before they had the fiberglass bodywork. Back then you just had a metal tube bumper at the front. When we would get out on the big speedway part of the tracks, we would get right up behind the person in front of us and tuck our toes under their rear bumper. We'd get like 5 or 6 of us together in a line like that going around the track at 120+.

Last edited by Cosmo; 01-12-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:40 AM
On One Wheel

Originally Posted by Cosmo
We've been racing karts for the past 20 years. We race on a dirt oval though. No road tracks close enough to here to make it worth going. Our karts have 100cc two stroke engines that put out about 38-40 hp out of the box, and a little over 50hp after we mod them.

Here's a couple shots of us in action. The green kart is me. The white #45 is my dad.

One time they had a race at an old stadium and we raced on the flat running track around it. That was crazy. I think in my race there like 25 of us out there.

We used to race enduro karts on the Nascar tracks. I remember racing at Charlotte, Rockingham, and the championships were at Daytona. I started back before they had the fiberglass bodywork. Back then you just had a metal tube bumper at the front. When we would get out on the big speedway part of the tracks, we would get right up behind the person in front of us and tuck our toes under their rear bumper. We'd get like 5 or 6 of us together in a line like that going around the track at 120+.
a good friend of mine did this as well and won the championship one year at daytona for champ karts and held track record for karts for 2 years it is def fun what tracks around here do you run on -im also looking for a cheap kart(dont want junk) if you know of anything
Old 01-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sprayedcivic
a good friend of mine did this as well and won the championship one year at daytona for champ karts and held track record for karts for 2 years it is def fun what tracks around here do you run on -im also looking for a cheap kart(dont want junk) if you know of anything
We do most of our racing at Riverside in Madison, NC (www.riversideracewaypark.com).

There is a track in Amelia (right outside of Richmond) that is very nice, but they won't let us run there because our karts are too fast for the track.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:43 AM
On One Wheel

Originally Posted by Cosmo
We do most of our racing at Riverside in Madison, NC (www.riversideracewaypark.com).

There is a track in Amelia (right outside of Richmond) that is very nice, but they won't let us run there because our karts are too fast for the track.
you running the kt100 motors? i will probally running the heavy animal class not sure yet im 6 foot 2 and weigh in at 230 so i believe that is the class they will put me in(i know im a fat bastard) lol l was lookiing into a 2 stroke kart but there seem to be a rather decent size price diffrence between the 2 .
Old 01-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sprayedcivic
you running the kt100 motors? i will probally running the heavy animal class not sure yet im 6 foot 2 and weigh in at 230 so i believe that is the class they will put me in(i know im a fat bastard) lol l was lookiing into a 2 stroke kart but there seem to be a rather decent size price diffrence between the 2 .
No, we are running Parilla reed jet motors. About 2.5-3x the HP of the Yamaha motors. A lot more RPM too. The Yamahas will turn about 12k. We turn ours about 19k. At one of the races last year a bunch of guys showed up with KT100's and wanted to run in our class. All of them were little small guys. I'm about 250#. I lapped all but one of them by halfway through the main.

But, yes, there is a big difference in price. We have to run an axle clutch, and just the clutch is about $1200. A motor is about $2k. But, you don't have to have them rebuilt. We can run all year, and maybe a year and a half without rebuilding them, whereas a 4 stroke needs to be rebuilt every 6 races or so. Not to mention all the oil you go through with a 4 stroke.

You'll be put in stock 390 (or 400 depending on the track). That means the driver and the kart together have to weigh 390 lbs. A kart with a 4 stroke engine usually weights about 160-170, so you'll be right where you need to be. The driver has to weigh 200# by himself.

Heavy is 360# so you'll be at a disadvantage. At least that was the weight back when everyone was running the flat heat motors like the Raptors. I haven't run 4 stroke since before the Animals came out (although I have an open mod Animal sitting here that I want to run some time) so they may have changed the weights some since you have to have a separate fuel tank now.

Quick Reply: any7 one do any kart racing?