Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

4/13-HOw did everybody do?

Old 04-13-2003, 12:14 PM
DILLIGAF?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4/13-HOw did everybody do?

Hey guys just wanted to hear some feedback on how you all did, i already talked to james, he wasnt too happy so hopefully some of the rest of you felt better about it? Personally I sucked, i forgot how to drive today and i couldnt see out of my left eye. kept having reversal problems (hitting gas instead of brake) and catching my gears....so yeah....becky did pretty bad and it was incredibly funny to crash into a barrier of cones at one point and drive over a cone on the actual grid at another point. *sigh* oh well, a shitty end to a shitty week. hopefully next time will be better i feel like crap right now, lol. anyway post thoughts on today...the weather was great this time at least!

Becky
Old 04-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Master of the 6speed

specV33 is an unknown quantity at this point

the weather was a lot better than at the last auto-x, so that was good. I thought I did pretty well, my best time was 61.9. I spun on my last run, that kind of made me mad, but overall it was a lot of fun.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:15 PM
FF Driver

wahoo5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted 136 pictures from today. See http://homepage.mac.com/ogburn . I did Ok, but kept trying to overdrive the really tight end of the course. My best time was a 58.2.

David
Old 04-13-2003, 08:07 PM

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I felt I did like crap today (my sig pic shows how my day felt, but I love that pic ). But I still had a good time.....
Old 04-13-2003, 08:50 PM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

If only your front wheels were cocked the other way... then that would been an awesome photo and an awesome drift/power oversteer.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:21 PM
FF Driver

wahoo5 is an unknown quantity at this point

James,

Glad you liked the pic! You probably know that you just missed the 50 gal. drum/trashcan just off the asphalt. The course had a couple of tight spots that were tough on the rear wheel drive, higher HP cars.

David
Old 04-14-2003, 03:42 AM
Trophy Fodder Racing

trader0231 is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved that course. That was pure driving joy. My only complaint would be my one and only clean and fast run had a timing malfunction. That's life...

Better luck mext time.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:13 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

well, i thought i did pretty good, but i have come to a realization......my car is slow. losing 30-50hp to cars that are several hundred pounds lighter shows, especially w/ the points on the track that were all gas for 5 seconds or more.

my fastest clean run was 59.1. i had a 58.0 on the last run but i tapped over a cone

next time out, my goal is to not hit any cones. i used to always run clean, now i hit 'em all the time.

as i said to many ppl, next time out i should have 15 more hp/8 more torque. no torque converter to rob me. and some wide ass racing only street tires.....we'll see what happens
Old 04-14-2003, 05:25 AM

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by trip
If only your front wheels were cocked the other way... then that would been an awesome photo and an awesome drift/power oversteer.
Yeah, but the only problem is that the car is facing the WRONG direction in that pic (I did a full 180 in that spin)!!!

Originally posted by wahoo5
James,

Glad you liked the pic! You probably know that you just missed the 50 gal. drum/trashcan just off the asphalt. The course had a couple of tight spots that were tough on the rear wheel drive, higher HP cars.

David
Yeah, thanks for getting that shot! As far as that 50 gal can, you should have seen my eyes as I saw it go by me !!! The tires felt real "greasy" all day, especially on the 1st 2 runs. I was really surprised when the car broke loose there though.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Autocross Hack

Ed94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these parts

Started out with a 57.8... Dropped 5 pounds outta the rear to get some rotation and ended up with a 55.9 clean. Hosed the third run, and ran a 55.3 +1 pin on the fourth...

We're getting real close to having the MINI ready to go for the Pro. It sure is a hoot!

Thanks Chris!