Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

2009 Track Days Schedule and Invite

Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman
Default 2009 Track Days Schedule and Invite

2009 MVP Track Time Schedule

Good Evening VA Drivers:

MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) is very excited to announce our expanded track day schedule for the 2009 track season.

After several years of successful events on the Midwest’s premier tracks, we are looking East at some of North America’s most historic tracks. The “Big 5” (Road America, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen and Mid-Ohio) have always been on MVP’s radar. Adding Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta for 2009 gets us 2/5 way there. If/when we find partners out West, Laguna Seca will become a reality and IF (notice BIG if) we can secure a workable date at Road America and Mid Ohio we will complete the “Big 5” circle.

As many are feeling the effects of the economic downturn, MVP is attempting to keep pricing the same as 2008. With all the economic bad news, I hope this reaches you as some good news. We aim to bring the best track value to you. Below you will find our tentative 2009 schedule, subject to revision as necessary.

April 18-19: Putnam Park ”Tax Freedom Track Weekend” - SOLD OUT

June 1: Autobahn Country Club (FULL 3.56 mile track) - SOLD OUT!

August 3: Autobahn Country Club II (FULL 3.56 mile track) - SOLD OUT!

September 5-6: Blackhawk Farms ”No Hurricane Rain Track Weekend”

September 7-8: Virginia International Raceway ”Labor Day Speed Fix”

October 31 – November 1: Watkins Glen ”Halloween Fright FAST!”

November 21 – 22: Road Atlanta “Flyin Turkey Trot”

Now that Summer has arrived, I hope you’ll gear up for some much needed fresh air and join MVP Track Time at the track.

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track in 2009!

Mark Pfeffer - MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
(314) 249-3770
Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com

Last edited by Feffman; 07-20-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:15 AM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast
Default Re: 2009 Track Days Schedule and Invite

Is it true that you put novice drivers on track without in-car instructors at Summit Point a few months ago?

Curious,

Jon
Old 12-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered member

Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman Feffman

We have instructors available for the Novice run group. That being noted, we aren't an instructing school, but rather a lapping organization.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Old 12-15-2008, 04:46 PM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Thanks for the reply.

Would you mind explaining the policies you have in place to keep novices from "lapping" themselves into a wall because they don't have instructors in the car?

Or at least the policies you have in place to keep novices from developing bad habits that will prevent them from progressing with the more training-minded organizations that hold dozens of "instructor mandatory" HPDE's around here each season?

Also, what are your passing rules in the various "lapping" groups?

Thanks again,

Jon
Old 12-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by getfast
Would you mind explaining the policies you have in place to keep novices from "lapping" themselves into a wall because they don't have instructors in the car?

Or at least the policies you have in place to keep novices from developing bad habits that will prevent them from progressing with the more training-minded organizations that hold dozens of "instructor mandatory" HPDE's around here each season?
I assume by the tone of your question you are asking if our events are run to your standards. We tell potential attendees when they sign up we are not a driver training school. As I noted earlier we have instructors available for the Novice group.

Yes, accidents happen. The accident we had in April was a Novice with a NASA qualified instructor in the car with him. And the accident in September was a seasoned driver in the Advanced run group.

Our passing rules are similar to PCA, ACNA and BMWCCA with passing only on the straights with a point by.

Before you pass judgement, you are more then welcome to contact me at (314) 249-3770 to discuss our track days.

Feff
Old 12-15-2008, 07:02 PM
at the track today?

I am merely trying to get more information to benefit the members of this forum, so they can make educated decisions about who to run with in 2009.

So MVP Track Time is not a driving school or HPDE, it is a "lapping day" that does not specifically include in-car instruction for novice participants, but also does not allow one of the core principles of advanced-level high performance driving (i.e. passing in corners) for its more experienced participants?

Also could you please tell us what your in-car instructor qualification standards are, and what sort of payment the instructors in this area may get for their services at your events in 2009?

Thanks again,

Jon
Old 12-16-2008, 04:58 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

I don't think anyone is passing judgment here Sir.
I just took a few minutes to look over your site and your passing rules are not listed. And as a driver of a lower HP momentum car passing only in the straights sucks. So if thats the case I have to thank "getfast" for getting this out. Is it open passing with a point in the Instructor Group?
I have seen you posting on a few other web sites and there never seems to be any back and forth so this is actually a good thing.
All of that being said as an Advanced driver and soon to be a NASA qualified instructor its good to know that there are more and more groups out there with dates that may fit my crazy schedule better.

All the best with the coming new year..
Old 12-16-2008, 05:26 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by getfast
So MVP Track Time is not a driving school or HPDE, it is a "lapping day" that does not specifically include in-car instruction for novice participants, but also does not allow one of the core principles of advanced-level high performance driving (i.e. passing in corners) for its more experienced participants?

Also could you please tell us what your in-car instructor qualification standards are, and what sort of payment the instructors in this area may get for their services at your events in 2009?
I guess it's how you define a high performance driving event (HPDE) as that's how we see it. Again, in-car instruction for the Novice's is available.

As for our instructors, they must have completed PCA, BMWCCA, ACNA, NASA, SCCA or similar instructor training, complete with experience.

Originally Posted by vbspec
I don't think anyone is passing judgment here Sir.
I just took a few minutes to look over your site and your passing rules are not listed. And as a driver of a lower HP momentum car passing only in the straights sucks. So if thats the case I have to thank "getfast" for getting this out. Is it open passing with a point in the Instructor Group?
I too drive a lower HP (205HP, 4-cylinder) momentum car and "YES" we get passed by Vipers, Vettes, etc. from time to time, but it doesn't make it any less enjoyable. By the way, the passing rules are listed with the rest of MVP's rules at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id67.html

Instructors run in the Advanced run group with the same point by rules as the other classes. Passing in the turns isn't allowed for safety's sake. Happy Motoring!

Feff
Old 12-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Shit I'd love to have 205 hp I'm only at 122 in my Integra.... And run VIR full in the low 2:22's... 205 hp in my car is Honda Challenge H1 HP and those guys are hitting 150+ on the straights and lap time in the 2:11-2:12's.

Again best of luck. But I really dont see the guys here who have cut their teeth with groups who's goal is to get you to a point to where you can have open passing will take a step back and pass only in the straights.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:32 AM
at the track today?

Originally Posted by Feffman
Passing in the turns isn't allowed for safety's sake.
So with MVP Track Time... instructors and advanced drivers passing in the corners is unsafe but sending novices on track without instructors is safe ?

Thanks for the replies,

Jon

Quick Reply: 2009 Track Days Schedule and Invite