Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

10/10ths Motorsports 2011 Schedule

Old 01-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111
Default Re: 10/10ths Motorsports 2011 Schedule

Ok, I met you a long time ago at a VIR event..... What are you driving now a days?
Old 01-12-2011, 11:06 AM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

On track... various rented racecars. To and from events... a 45mpg appliance. ;-)
Old 01-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111 walker111

Hmmm, rented racecars....Nice VW.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:11 AM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Rented, borrowed, etc. Various VWs, E30, E36, Mustang, whatever

May turn my 325i into a track car this year, not sure yet. It could make a decent NASA GTS2 or Spec3 car eventually. Just need to figure out how to pay for it.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

D_Eclipse9916 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by getfast
TD @ VIR Feb 28-Mar 1 is $175/day or $335/both days, 4x30min sessions/day, that's a deal :-)
Are you guys planning on doing a grand course any of this year?

And I cant make the Feb 28/March1st as VIR NASA is the weekend before and RA NASA-SE is right after, but I definitely plan on the next weekend VIR you guys have.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:30 PM
at the track today?

Nov 14-15 will tentatively be one day full, one day grand.

Next VIR weekend for TD is Apr 23-24, full course.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

wneal has disabled reputation

Obviously some concern about the cost.

10/10ths will give you as much or more track time than any group out there and we bring a very experienced group of instructors with us, along with some great instructors in the area.

I keep the run groups smaller so you can get some great open track experience. I also give some on track freedoms you won't get at other groups as well which affects my insurance cost, even though we have proven time and time again to be a very safe event.

There are others less expensive and others more expensive but you get what you pay for. Thanks for your comments on this as every bit of feedback helps.
I have also run with NASA and get a few 20 minute sessions on packed tracks. I still go because of racing and time trail but again, you won't get more track time with most groups than you will with 10/10ths.

Last edited by wneal; 01-12-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

What are these other groups that you dont get alot of time with or have sub par instructors in your eyes?

Track Daze you get 4 sessions per day - and I think in my run group at the last event I had 25 cars on track with me.

NASA is 3 sessions per day, a little less yes ... but again like the Track Daze event felt I got GREAT instruction from both Dan, Colin as well as my incar instructors. Not only that but I go with a huge group of guys, a few of which race in Thunder, a few in TT, a couple instructors and being I got into this LAST MARCH .... ive already gained a few friends with the NASA family and learned alot.

What FREEDOMS do you get? Pass anywhere with a point? Thats not to me (a budget racer looking to build my skills both in classroom and on track) a $110 option (just trying to give you some feedback from someone who is currently a DE student).

I dont mean to come off as if running with yall would not teach me anything, because im sure its the complete opposite as im still learning and very open minded to further better myself .... BUT ... the price difference is a pretty big leap to the average ive been paying, and seems kinda unjustified for someone like myself personally (a budget racer)

I guess the

"You get what you pay for" comment just has me kinda confused ... is my classroom instruction sub par with Track Daze and NASA? My incar instruction sub par as well?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Registered Member

wneal has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Broke Neck
What are these other groups that you dont get alot of time with or have sub par instructors in your eyes?

Track Daze you get 4 sessions per day - and I think in my run group at the last event I had 25 cars on track with me.

NASA is 3 sessions per day, a little less yes ... but again like the Track Daze event felt I got GREAT instruction from both Dan, Colin as well as my incar instructors. Not only that but I go with a huge group of guys, a few of which race in Thunder, a few in TT, a couple instructors and being I got into this LAST MARCH .... ive already gained a few friends with the NASA family and learned alot.

What FREEDOMS do you get? Pass anywhere with a point? Thats not to me (a budget racer looking to build my skills both in classroom and on track) a $110 option (just trying to give you some feedback from someone who is currently a DE student).

I dont mean to come off as if running with yall would not teach me anything, because im sure its the complete opposite as im still learning and very open minded to further better myself .... BUT ... the price difference is a pretty big leap to the average ive been paying, and seems kinda unjustified for someone like myself personally (a budget racer)

I guess the

"You get what you pay for" comment just has me kinda confused ... is my classroom instruction sub par with Track Daze and NASA? My incar instruction sub par as well?
I would be happy to discuss 10/10ths in more detail with you at any time. Just give me a call. My phone number is on the website. I just want to make sure you have a full understanding of 10/10ths.
Any car enthusiast is a friend of mine and 10/10ths.

Also, I would like to respond to your $110.00 difference. Feb at VIR is "off season" and track rental is a few Thousand Dollars less, hence the ability to lower the price. It would be nice to compare apples to apples. When the full season rate goes into affect, there is only about a $46.00 difference for two days. I also do not charge my instructors to run. They provide a great service and I reward them for it.
You will get at least 3.0 hours of track time per day and possibly 4 or more with 10/10ths as I have fewer cars and usually open the track in the later afternoon depending on how things go in the morning, thus lowering your cost per minute substantially.

10/10ths also has an alumni program which gets our return drivers a 10% discount on every event. We have had this since starting our organization. For $50.00, you become an Alumni and you make that amount back on the first event, every event after that, you save 10%. this is for the express purpose of keeping cost as low as possible and rewarding those that are repeat customers at our events. This puts our cost right in line or below most other events !!!!

As for the get what you pay for. I only refer to what you get with 10/10ths. Every other group out there has strong points and many loyal followers. I am a car enthusiast and still attend many other promotor events. I am in fact, very good friends with a few of them. I am not sure where you are saying I put other groups as sub par. You did not get that from any of my posts. I can only speak to 10/10ths which is what I did.

The freedoms I speak of include passing anywhere with no pointbye for the Advance Group and we also do training / practice rolling starts to teach folks how to race if that is in their future. It has been nothing short of an outstanding success for us and our drivers. Not many if any groups do this. This is just to name a few.
I also have free food and drinks the night before for those that early register.

I would like to invite you to attend our March event and will give the discount of the $110.00 so you can see what we do and how we run things. I am proud of how we run 10/10ths and also support other groups that run HPDE. It is all about getting track time, learning the sport and making friends as far as I am concerned.

Cheers and stay safe on track
Bill

Last edited by wneal; 01-14-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 01-15-2011, 03:27 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

I do have to extend an appology .... when i first read the thread and got your first response i absolutly misinterpreted what u were saying ... so i appologize.

As of now i feel i can swing a march event and give yall a shot ... i love vir and the more track time the better. I dont expect a handout .. again i appologize for taking what u said the wrong way.

Quick Reply: 10/10ths Motorsports 2011 Schedule