Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

WTF did I do this morning to my 240?

Old 06-28-2006, 04:10 AM
I'm Herpes Free!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default WTF did I do this morning to my 240?

Ok, so I had a run of ignorance lately. Last night, I left my headlights on, so my car was dead this morning. No big deal, just jump it off right? Well, being the smart individual that I am, cross the cables on my 240 when I tried jumping it. After realizing I did that, I fixed the cables and let the car sit for a second. Now, the car will turnover, but won't fire up. I checked the fuses and there is a fuse blown,but I don't know which one. It's labeled "FL 100a"...I checked my xterra and the same fuse on that is the battery fuse. What makes it weird is that I took the cables off and tried starting it and it turned over a few times, but still didn't fire up. Radio won't come on, power locks and windows don't work, dome light don't work, but my SAFC and turbo timer come on...I can hear the fuel pump, so I know it's at least getting fuel to the injectors...any ideas? I don't see how that fuse is stopping me from starting, if it is the battery fuse like I think.....
Old 06-28-2006, 04:21 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Re: WTF did I do this morning to my 240?

Replace the fuse. I bet that was a loud ass pop... lol.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:23 AM
I'm Herpes Free!!

turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, funny thing is, looks like that fuse has been blown for a while. The little clear plastic cover that is on the fuse is no where to be found....
Old 06-28-2006, 04:25 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

hope your ecu didnt get fried in the process. replace that fuse and hope it starts.good luck.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Banned

chea I I is an unknown quantity at this point

I did that on the RSX in the hobby shop and my horn blew as soon as I crossed them. The funny thing is that I didn't even realize what I had done till I did it a secound time. In the end I felt like an idiot and had to get a new main fuse for the car.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:28 AM
Banned

chea I I is an unknown quantity at this point

NO not the JUN ECU
Old 06-28-2006, 04:58 AM
I'm Herpes Free!!

Yeah, I hope it isn't the ecu...not that cheap to replace....
Old 06-28-2006, 05:51 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

what engine is in there?
Old 06-28-2006, 05:52 AM
I'm Herpes Free!!

sr20det
Old 06-28-2006, 06:15 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

I have blown that fuse a few times. Just like you described. Some circuits work and some don't. If you use the schematic you will see why...... I just replace that fuse and go from there. The reason my keeped blowing was b/c of a short in the internal coil in the distributor and the MSD 6A box. Soldered everything and cleaned all wiring and the fuse hasn't blown.

Quick Reply: WTF did I do this morning to my 240?