Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wtf!?!?!?!?

Old 05-19-2006, 04:40 PM
rock ya body baby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES
Default wtf!?!?!?!?

well as some of you might know, i have a ls swapped crx... today i went to pro-motion tuning in fredericksburg for them to install my nitrous kit, after the install it was put on the dyno and put down 185hp and 201tq.... i was happy with the results for now so i headed home. halfway to the house the car started acting funny! it wont rev past 3200 rpms and i can feel a loss in power, i know they mesed with the timing but im not f'in with that . i checked all my vac. lines ad such and everything came up ok. i dont know what it could be so please help me! im sooo bummed out right now
Old 05-19-2006, 04:49 PM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon
Default Re: wtf!?!?!?!?

how's the idle? dry/wet ? compression test?
Old 05-19-2006, 04:59 PM
rock ya body baby

IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES

Originally Posted by execelon
how's the idle? dry/wet ? compression test?
idel sometimes cuts out and the car dies, its a wet kit. as for the compression test it hasnt been done yet
Old 05-19-2006, 05:09 PM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

i'd do a compression test or atleast pull a plug and take a look at them. you could have burnt a valve.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:45 PM
rock ya body baby

i'd do a compression test or atleast pull a plug and take a look at them. you could have burnt a valve.
damn, if thats the case then i will be pissed, i mean it started not even 20 minutes after it came off teh dyno
Old 05-19-2006, 07:25 PM
1505/2000

Yeah it's not that bad, a good weekend project. you could check for a dead cylinder by pulling the plug wires when the car is running one at a time. if it does NOT make a difference in the way it runs when you do this, that would be you dead cylinder. if it misses more then that cylinder would be in good shape.
it could be something else
Old 05-20-2006, 01:20 PM
rock ya body baby

Yeah it's not that bad, a good weekend project. you could check for a dead cylinder by pulling the plug wires when the car is running one at a time. if it does NOT make a difference in the way it runs when you do this, that would be you dead cylinder. if it misses more then that cylinder would be in good shape.
it could be something else
everything is working fine now, i did what you said and everything did exactly what you said it would do, get worst! well after letting it sit overnight its like nothing happened at all! lol
Old 05-20-2006, 01:44 PM
1505/2000

that great that it's not serious, but still wtf.. A friend had a problem where he would start freezing some sensor (ait map etc). you would have to let it sit and warm back up to normal temps. the car left you on the side of the road for a good 20min. it was sold shortly after we never got to pinpoint the problem. it only really happened when he was spraying for long peroids. ie :highway racing etc.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:03 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

That sounds like its in limp mode i believe its whats called? cel???
Old 05-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

either limp mode, cause when you spray on a wet kit, you are also dumping a lot more fuel and some probably was not burnt fully and the o2 read your car running really rich. Or could be a dizzy getting ready to go out on you.

Quick Reply: wtf!?!?!?!?