Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wrx doesnt start sometimes

Old 01-31-2012, 02:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default wrx doesnt start sometimes

Hey guys i purchased a 03 recently 1 owner never driven hard with only 60000 miles BONE STOCK. I noticed two nights in a row when i start it to go home it cranks and shuts right off. The dealership said it just got the 60k maintenance done but im not sure what they replaced. when I get this issue, I noticed if i tap the gas while turning the car the car will actually will stay on and begin to idle, if i dont cuts off after cranking. This issue only happened twice so far at night time, I've had the car for 5 days now. Im thinking maybe its the fuel pump? Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by twinturbomeow; 01-31-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:26 AM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime
Default Re: wrx doesnt start sometimes

5 days = take that shit back and have them fix it, unless you bought "as is" with absolutely no warranty.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:29 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

I got the 30 day warranty, Im going to give it a week, replace the fuel pump when it comes in next week. If still not solved I will take it back to the dealership. It's odd because i purchased the car from a subaru dealership
Old 01-31-2012, 07:47 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Sounds like a sensor issue or something affecting idle, not a fuel pump issue. Does it run well other than that?

Do a quick voltage drop check across your grounds. I had a corroded ground to the engine (it's right underneath the intercooler, so gets a lot of water on it) with only 10k on my car and it was causing all kinds of problems until I figured out what it was.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Sounds like a sensor issue or something affecting idle, not a fuel pump issue. Does it run well other than that?

Do a quick voltage drop check across your grounds. I had a corroded ground to the engine (it's right underneath the intercooler, so gets a lot of water on it) with only 10k on my car and it was causing all kinds of problems until I figured out what it was.
I was waiting for you to post, it runs great except a few times it has lagged just a little bit when trying to accelerate.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Take that shit back man. Don't replace the pump it may "void your warranty". They'll try to jew you. No doubt.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sixcyl?
Take that shit back man. Don't replace the pump it may "void your warranty". They'll try to jew you. No doubt.
yeah thats why I said if pump doesnt help ill swap them again and not mention a thing to the dealership. Started it total of 4 times already just on a normal basis, going good so far lol
Old 01-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by twinturbomeow
I was waiting for you to post, it runs great except a few times it has lagged just a little bit when trying to accelerate.
That tells me that the pump is most likely not the problem.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:10 AM
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

WaYtOoLoW has disabled reputation

i work at a subaru dealership, have them check the ect, (engine coolant temp sensor) if it's telling the computer its real cold when its not its going to give it too much fuel and it won't allow it to run. the 60k service don't have many items on it that cann affect the way it runs too much, maybe spark plugs and fuel filter and plug wires? idk the other guy gets all the services, but i doubt that has anything to do with it. let them know what it's doing, they may need to keep it overnight for a few nights until it screws up to find out what it is, its hard to find a problem when the problem isn't happening, unless it stores a code.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WaYtOoLoW
i work at a subaru dealership, have them check the ect, (engine coolant temp sensor) if it's telling the computer its real cold when its not its going to give it too much fuel and it won't allow it to run. the 60k service don't have many items on it that cann affect the way it runs too much, maybe spark plugs and fuel filter and plug wires? idk the other guy gets all the services, but i doubt that has anything to do with it. let them know what it's doing, they may need to keep it overnight for a few nights until it screws up to find out what it is, its hard to find a problem when the problem isn't happening, unless it stores a code.
thanks man, thing is there is no check engine or anything like that. Only reason why i haven't contacted the dealership yet is because its in PA and a 2hour+ drive. I'd like to see if its a small issue like the fuel pump b4 taking it back considering im only free on sundays. Around now is the time it fails to start and i already noticed a sign when i was starting it to get to school where I am now. Rpms dropped really low when I started it then got back up to 500. I feel like when i get back out to go home It will fail on me.

Quick Reply: wrx doesnt start sometimes