Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

window regulator

Old 05-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tby0090 has disabled reputation
Default window regulator

i have a 98 mitsubishi eclipse gs

i went to the shop today b/c my window has not been closing all the way, i thought it didn't close b/c it wasn't aligned , well he got it to roll up all the way, but the window is up set at end so like rain/water comes through, do you guys know any fixes? ( i have no clue what bolts need to be turned)

he also said something a bout a window regulator stopper (which i never heard off) he also said i need a new regulator, but if if mine works do i need one?
and if i do, should i get one with a motor or not? my motor is obviously still working...

here is what i mean:

Old 05-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: window regulator

anybody?
Old 05-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

maurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these parts

ur window is off track, just like mines is...
u should just open the door panel and look thru and see how u can fix it thats what i did lol
look on a forums that specializes in eclipses and ask them about this

Last edited by maurice24; 05-29-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:22 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Just take the door panel off and check that the window is inside the track when you roll it up. If it's not, it will not close properly and you will have a gap between the seal and glass.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

does anybody know which screws adjust it going in and out?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Originally Posted by tby0090
does anybody know which screws adjust it going in and out?
There are no screws to adjust. The only screws are at the bottom of the window where the glass and "bracket" come together. There should be 2-3 bolts holding the window there. Everything else works by rubber seals on each end of the window inside the door. Those keep the window aligned when you roll it up or down.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Why so serious?

Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey

There actually are adjustments. Whenever you have no window frame to roll up into, there are adjustments. The adjustments are normally for fitting the window to the body since there is no frame work. There are several adjustments. Mostly for in and out. The in and out are at the bottom. You have "stops" that keep the glass from coming to high. Those stops will be near the top at the front and rear of the door. You're going to have to play with these adjustments since you aren't accustomed to working with them. I'm sure you can do it. Also, if you hear a grinding sound......you do need a regulator. That is the cable binding up as it has frayed. This only applies if I am remebering correctly and it is a cable regulator not a scissor arm.
Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered Member

will anybody take a look at it for me? adjust it/replace it which ever one has to be done, i'll pay you $60. please help me out! lol, just be in the richmond area, i'll come to you!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:43 PM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

Originally Posted by maurice24
ur window is off track, just like mines is...
u should just open the door panel and look thru and see how u can fix it thats what i did lol
look on a forums that specializes in eclipses and ask them about this
IT IS MINE! NOT MINES! FUUUUUUU
Old 06-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

maurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MICK LVN
IT IS MINE! NOT MINES! FUUUUUUU
lol, chill out