Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

will this give me long term problems?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:57 PM
EbaySpecial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108
Default will this give me long term problems?

probably a stupid question,

if i got some no name coilovers and dropped my car about 3 inches, aside from a bumpy ride, would it cause my car and physical damage

and i if i did get new shocks, struts etc, would it be a problem if i lowered my car with just the coilovers and then got the other stuff in a few months?

let me know,
thanks alot
Old 02-12-2008, 05:59 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: will this give me long term problems?

You don't have shocks, struts and coilovers all at once.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
EbaySpecial

TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108

but would it be a problem to my car lowered with only coilovers?
Old 02-12-2008, 06:10 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

a coilover is an adjustable strut; which is a spring and shock absorber. how stiff you keep it is going to determine if you fuck other things up or not.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

onefaststang is an unknown quantity at this point

they do make a slip on coilover and i am assuming that is what he is talking about. Yes you can do the slip ons without doing the struts right now but the factory struts where not made for the application that you are wanting so they will bottom out causing a crappy ride it will not hurt the car unless you live in a very rough terrain area then you take the chance of scraping on things with a 3" drop on factory struts. Basically you will be riding on the coilover with nothing else.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:18 PM
yaaat.

Originally Posted by onefaststang
they do make a slip on coilover and i am assuming that is what he is talking about. Yes you can do the slip ons without doing the struts right now but the factory struts where not made for the application that you are wanting so they will bottom out causing a crappy ride it will not hurt the car unless you live in a very rough terrain area then you take the chance of scraping on things with a 3" drop on factory struts. Basically you will be riding on the coilover with nothing else.
A strut it the shock and spring together. You can't use a sleeve on that. You can, however, use a coilover sleeve on a spring and shock application where they're seperate. To the OP; what're you driving?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 AM
EbaySpecial

97 ek